Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all, I am looking to buy new rims and they don’t come with TPMS sensor. Do I buy new ones? Can the sensors in my current rims be transferred to the new ones?
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey all, I am looking to buy new rims and they don’t come with TPMS sensor. Do I buy new ones? Can the sensors in my current rims be transferred to the new ones?

You can do it either way. There are a few things to consider...If you are looking to sell your OE wheels, you will have an easier/quicker sale if the OE sensors are in the wheels. But there is a cost associated with buying new sensors.

It'll save you some cash to take your existing sensors and put them in your new wheels.

If I can answer any questions about tires or wheels, I would love to help. Hope you don't mind a DM sent your way.

OP
OP
Bellime

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am guessing you guys do all the programming into my system. Any options in the TPMS sensors or are they one and done?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am guessing you guys do all the programming into my system. Any options in the TPMS sensors or are they one and done?
There is no programming. As long as the sensors are the correct frequency Ford will auto-detect. They even know which corner they are on.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no programming. As long as the sensors are the correct frequency Ford will auto-detect. They even know which corner they are on.
2023 is a beautiful time to live. No programming of TPMS sensors.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fords have always been the easiest.

Chrysler has been the worst. Even ones with the correct hertz can still cause you problems. :(

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can do it either way. There are a few things to consider...If you are looking to sell your OE wheels, you will have an easier/quicker sale if the OE sensors are in the wheels. But there is a cost associated with buying new sensors.

It'll save you some cash to take your existing sensors and put them in your new wheels.

If I can answer any questions about tires or wheels, I would love to help. Hope you don't mind a DM sent your way.
Oem Ford sensors can be bought for under $50 for a set of 5 several places on line.

OP
OP
Bellime

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well damn…..learn’d something new….now I gotta identify some lugs in the proper finish to go with ICON rebound Pro’s and a set of 5 locking lugs. They always seem to only sell in sets of 4. I am not spending all this to have them easily removed.

‘thanks all for the info

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fords have always been the easiest.
The stupid band sensors in my 07 Expy beg to differ.

Honestly never got one of them to work, and just drove with a TPMS light on for 3 years before I sold it.

Sponsored

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oem Ford sensors can be bought for under $50 for a set of 5 several places on line.
Do you by chance have a link? Or part number?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The stupid band sensors in my 07 Expy beg to differ.

Honestly never got one of them to work, and just drove with a TPMS light on for 3 years before I sold it.

I got them in my 08 F150. No issues here. I liked those because then you could use a standard valve stem.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Remember having g to drive around in circles ( or was that to calibrate the compass)

Or having to lower each tires psi and then refill just to program TPMS.?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe. I see one oem sensor with msrp $70 selling for half that. And full sets nearing $200 also.

Then again $40 will buy a set of guaranteed to fit a 2020 Bronco ( don't think preproduction models were ever 2020 just 2021 but who knows?)

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So there was a guy that said you could get a full set of 5 from Ford for $50, that wasn't my experience, but maybe you can. I opted to swap mine out from my Badlands rims to the Sasq pull-offs I found because they didn't come with them. I thought it was around $200 and I'd still have to program them, maybe easy, but I didn't know how. Here's how it broke down for me, swapping was a bit time consuming, but I bought the new, no miles Sasq rims/tires for $1500 and sold my Badlands rims (4400 miles) for $1100. There were people that passed because of the TPMS not being in there, but it only took a month or so. Here is the video on how to do the job when you don't have the proper equipment. Now I know plenty will say this or that about this method.... I don't care, I used the equipment I had available and with a little safety and about the same amount of intelligence, I accomplished the mission.
Sponsored