Sponsored

TPMS testing, buying, and general TPMS questions.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got some OBX tires and wheels to put on my Base Bronco. The guy said that the TPMS was in them, but I'm not so sure that is the case. How I do test new (to me) OBX tires without a relearn tool. I rode them around for about 10 miles, and it still "sees" the old ones. I thought I read that you could let the air out of a tire, and it would try and reset it. If so -- how much air has to be taken out?

Assuming it doesn't have TPMS in them... what is the cheapest TPMS that actually work, and hopefully without reprogramming? I saw one thread listed here that swore some worked, but they were the 315 MHz, and I thought the Ford Bronco was 433 MHz units. Any help here would be appreciated. My plan was to leave the steelies alone, and not take those. Thought maybe I'd paint the rims white and see what it looked like.

Final question... Is the TPMS used for anything besides just giving the readings on the dash? If so... I might just forgo it altogether. After all... I've driven cars and 4WDs all my life, and I made it this far without them.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored