First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I can’t get past the message Applink Connection not Connected.

I am using the latest IOS and iPhone. I have tried wireless, usb, and usb c. I have gone back to the app screen and the trail app shows and says to connect through car play, but when I go back I get the same message. I have force closed the app and repeated, rebooted the phone and repeated, turned off the car and waited a few minutes, but nothing works. All permissions are enabled and it is literally telling me to open through car play. Suggestion? Thanks
Sponsored

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had this happen the other day. Spent like two hours in the morning trying to get it to connect. Gave up leaving that as the last app to run on Carplay. The next time I get in my truck to go somewhere it connects and works fine. 🤷‍♂️ Well fine with the message; "for off road use only".

Sorry this is not much help, but as they say; "it's a feature, not a bug".

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU, BMW 535xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had the same issue almost every time I have tried the app and typically just pretty much given up on using the app through the Sync system and just use the app to research trails ahead of time and then use the hardcopy Funtreks trailguide books instead when I am actually on the trail (which is what appears to be what the app uses for info). It is really too bad as that app could be really helpful if it worked. At one point I called some 1-800 support number and the help desk walked me through a couple of steps to get it working (but it has since stopped working, so go figure). At that time, the issue was I had not accepted all of the permissions for the tracking of Driving Data. I do not think that Ford should need that info. The support team sent me an email agreeing that Driving Data should not be necessary and only Location data should be necessary (and other permissions if you want to record the trail) and they have passed that comment on to the development team.

OP
OP
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks - I am pretty sure my permissions on driving data are turned off.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2023 Badlands. My issue is it won't connect to Sync 4 it says I have a Fleet block. Like you I have jumped through all the hoops. Nothing. My Ford Pass starts and shows all the vitals on the Bronco. I just can't connect to the modem. I have called Ford Tech and they can't figure it out. I am taking it in to the dealership to see if they can.
Sponsored