Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, to me, it looks like trail turn control is part of the same package that comes with Trail Control and one pedal driving. It looks like these are all grouped together. Trail Control and one pedal are of course automatic only, which leads to the next guess: These are all part of the Sasquatch package, and maybe the exclusion has more to do with some of these class-exclusive features being tied to the electronics of the automatic than any perceived hate of manual transmission lovers. Maybe some of these things will be available as a separate package, just not part of Sasquatch, for this reason.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s been my thought as well. Seems that most of the people upset with the Sasquatch availability are pissed off at not being able to have a sticker. ??‍♂

OP
OP
Jrod0486

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It just seems it may be an engineering issue, and being able to actually include everything with this package. It just seems like the lockers, lift, Bilsteins, and tires are the biggest items people are upset about not having included.

I'm sure we'll have Fox shocks/springs available after a bit, like you can get with the FX4 Ranger and F150. Should be an easy swap with the coilover suspension setup. Tires and wheels, so many are going to go aftermarket anyway. Just the locking diffs would be the only real thing that would be a big deal if they can't be optioned separately.

TMWSTW1984

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, to me, it looks like trail turn control is part of the same package that comes with Trail Control and one pedal driving. It looks like these are all grouped together. Trail Control and one pedal are of course automatic only, which leads to the next guess: These are all part of the Sasquatch package, and maybe the exclusion has more to do with some of these class-exclusive features being tied to the electronics of the automatic than any perceived hate of manual transmission lovers. Maybe some of these things will be available as a separate package, just not part of Sasquatch, for this reason.
Now what doesn't make sense about the trail turn control is why its auto only. All the system does, supposedly, is it applies the brake to one of the rear wheels to make the turn tighter. Now, where have we heard of a Ford using the rear brakes to control maneuvering in sporty conditions, the Focus RS with its various driving modes. Now that uses the rear brakes with the differential in the rear to make it mimic an LSD, especially for the drift mode. Also, the RS came in stick with this system and the rear diff was known to overheat in drift mode due to it not having enough cooling. Now riddle me this, why can't they do the same on the Manual Bronco considering that they have done with the RS?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not just the locking diff. The std front diff is a M190 and Sasquatch upgrades that to a M210. The upgraded front diff is a stronger unit.

The solution for me is just move to the badlands. I can keep the manual and on the badlands the M210 is std. Also std on the badlands is 33in tires. I actually prefer the 33's so after my initial desire to go Black Diamond and upgrade I am strongly (95%) probably moving to the badlands.

With the other unknown of how much exactly the Sasquatch is going to cost on top of the Black Diamond...especially now that another added upgrade is the auto trans.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jrod0486

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now what doesn't make sense about the trail turn control is why its auto only. All the system does, supposedly, is it applies the brake to one of the rear wheels to make the turn tighter. Now, where have we heard of a Ford using the rear brakes to control maneuvering in sporty conditions, the Focus RS with its various driving modes. Now that uses the rear brakes with the differential in the rear to make it mimic an LSD, especially for the drift mode. Also, the RS came in stick with this system and the rear diff was known to overheat in drift mode due to it not having enough cooling. Now riddle me this, why can't they do the same on the Manual Bronco considering that they have done with the RS?
Likely because Trail Turn is grouped in with Trail Control and One Pedal. Nothing to do with it not working with a manual, but two of the things it is packaged with being auto only.

OP
OP
Jrod0486

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is not just the locking diff. The std front diff is a M190 and Sasquatch upgrades that to a M210. The upgraded front diff is a stronger unit.

The solution for me is just move to the badlands. I can keep the manual and on the badlands the M210 is std. Also std on the badlands is 33in tires. I actually prefer the 33's so after my initial desire to go Black Diamond and upgrade I am strongly (95%) probably moving to the badlands.

With the other unknown of how much exactly the Sasquatch is going to cost on top of the Black Diamond...especially now that another added upgrade is the auto trans.
Yes. The locking diff is the larger M210. I did not include that. Like I said, here's hoping it's available still on lower trims without the Sasquatch package.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What I want to know is who is going to be the first person to use the trail turn to help get into a space in a tight parking lot? Whoever it is will you please let us know how it goes? Lol
Sponsored