First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think if they do build a SFA version it should be on the lower end of the price scale seeing how it will get the most abuse, i.e. rock crawling. And the Braptor will be on the high end of the scale because that would need all the fancy stuff for the high speed theatrics.
Just my 2 cents.
The Braptor and Rock King Warthog will have similar equipment just different front end and suspension. But priced similar. Part of the “ford performance” brand.
Ford wants to make money. And a low production number would definitely justify a higher sticker
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also! On the higher trims I doubt you will be able to get the extra options individually (bigger screen, remote start, cold weather etc)

I think it may be packaged. (301 be 302 package) that’s how the explorer is.

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really hope this isn't the case, but Ford will likely package a lot of options, and restrict certain things to specific trims. Just like they do with the trucks. If for no other reason that to keep the production line simplified. What would really kill Jeep is if they let you configure a la carte, but that's doubtful.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really hope this isn't the case, but Ford will likely package a lot of options, and restrict certain things to specific trims. Just like they do with the trucks. If for no other reason that to keep the production line simplified. What would really kill Jeep is if they let you configure a la carte, but that's doubtful.
I agree. Most things will be packaged. Just looking at the New explorer and escape. Very few options on each trim.

I think the lower trims might have a tech package like explorer ($5,000) for ford360 better touch screen and speakers. Remote start. Led lights etc.

Then higher trim is standard.

but that’s also why the price range of each trim is pretty close (3-7k) vs Jeep. (12-20k)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All this Jeep comparison talk sent me to the Jeep website to check it out. I discovered that a Gladiator Sport with the Max Tow Package (improved suspension,4:10 axles, LS rear) could be had at "employee pricing" for about 35K and there's one available locally in a good color. Man this thing would be easy to build onto. I hope Ford hurries, before I do something foolish after studying this so hard for the last few years! ?‍♂

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All this Jeep comparison talk sent me to the Jeep website to check it out. I discovered that a Gladiator Sport with the Max Tow Package (improved suspension,4:10 axles, LS rear) could be had at "employee pricing" for about 35K and there's one available locally in a good color. Man this thing would be easy to build onto. I hope Ford hurries, before I do something foolish after studying this so hard for the last few years! ?‍♂
Bronco base is going to be above Jeep Sport. Not sure Gladiator is even a fair comparison because it's a truck. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bronco Raptor competes with the Gladiator Mojave or whatever upper model Jeep has 3 years from now in the Gladiator lineup.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

But remember, its an FCA product, the quality goes in after you break down, not when it is built. But they do through in numerous steering issues for free.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But remember, its an FCA product, the quality goes in after you break down, not when it is built. But they do through in numerous steering issues for free.
I know, I have owned probably 15 Fords and five Jeeps, and yes the Bronco Base will be better equipped than a Jeep S, but let's get on with this, I'm ready!

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's a thought while we wait a little longer......
What if they do the trim levels in reverse?
You start with one of the 4 suspension packages. Instead of choosing xlt, lariat, ECT...you start with the packages. And I'm just making this up,
Sport
FX4
Tremor
Warthog
Each with increasing levels of capability.
Then you get to choose your equipment group to keep cost down. 101,301,501,ect...and those might have names for badging, like XL, Xlt (insert made up name)...
That would be pretty cool. I'm not sure how Jeep does it, might be similar?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a thought while we wait a little longer......
What if they do the trim levels in reverse?
You start with one of the 4 suspension packages. Instead of choosing xlt, lariat, ECT...you start with the packages. And I'm just making this up,
Sport
FX4
Tremor
Warthog
Each with increasing levels of capability.
Then you get to choose your equipment group to keep cost down. 101,301,501,ect...and those might have names for badging, like XL, Xlt (insert made up name)...
That would be pretty cool. I'm not sure how Jeep does it, might be similar?
Jeep has it all packaged. But you may be onto something. But I think all the combos will be a different trim.

sport 101 is one trim
Sport 301 is another trim
Fx4 301 is a different trim

I think each one will have its own unique name. Especially since all the different names are trademarked.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Or pay a shop like I work at to put $1,000 worth of real steering on to fix what the factory couldn't do right the first time.
Sponsored