Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Black Diamond, Craftsman tractor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Drove down to see my folks in GA a few days ago, and the Bronco did great. This was my first 500+ mile trip (one way) in it and it did great….. very smooth at highway speeds, and I managed 22.7mpg (2.7L) on the last tank with BP 93 octane. Anyway I felt I had to share, also a couple pics too (rest area in SC off I-85, surprisingly nice view next to a lake with trails and such).
Ford Bronco Trip to the South IMG_7260
Ford Bronco Trip to the South IMG_7256
Ford Bronco Trip to the South IMG_7259
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Drove down to see my folks in GA a few days ago, and the Bronco did great. This was my first 500+ mile trip (one way) in it and it did great….. very smooth at highway speeds, and I managed 22.7mpg (2.7L) on the last tank with BP 93 octane. Anyway I felt I had to share, also a couple pics too (rest area in SC off I-85, surprisingly nice view next to a lake with trails and such).
Great photos, enjoy your adventures!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anderson?

OP
OP
PolarVortex

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

JarheadE5

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very nice. MPG on 91 grade - is it by choice? I use 87 on my 23 BD- drove from Miami to Michigan 1200 miles each way average 21 MPg at best. Should have reset the system. Love my bronco, comfortable enough for three adults.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PolarVortex

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very nice. MPG on 91 grade - is it by choice? I use 87 on my 23 BD- drove from Miami to Michigan 1200 miles each way average 21 MPg at best. Should have reset the system. Love my bronco, comfortable enough for three adults.
Hey bro, I get 93 octane either at BP or Sunoco, though I’ve gotten 91 at Sunoco (the only place you can get 91 around here) before and it’s fine. Around here it’s good to have the extra HP’s and worth it to me, and I usually get discounts too. My BD seems to like it so I just do it, I guess. And yep, me too, love it and I get compliments on it frequently.

QuentinLin

Badlands
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your trip sounds like an absolute blast! There's something special about hitting the road in a trusty vehicle and soaking up the miles. And hey, big props to your Bronco for handling the journey like a champ. That rest area in SC sounds like a hidden gem! And thanks for sharing the pics, it's like getting a glimpse of the adventure. Since we're on the topic of cool spots, if anyone's up for more summer fun, I recently discovered Lake Clementine, and let me tell you, it's a slice of paradise. I stumbled upon this guide and it's got me itching to plan another road trip ASAP: https://www.mklibrary.com/lake-clementine/. Finding unexpected spots like that is what makes road trips so memorable.

Last edited:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
This weekend we drove from Charlotte NC to a resort in Dawsonville GA and back. Other than the wind noise, we had no issues, with about 18.5 mpg.

OP
OP
PolarVortex

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your trip sounds like an absolute blast! There's something special about hitting the road in a trusty vehicle and soaking up the miles. And hey, big props to your Bronco for handling the journey like a champ. That rest area in SC sounds like a hidden gem! And thanks for sharing the pics, it's like getting a glimpse of the adventure.
Absolutely true! And much appreciated..... Also, I see you're in the ATL. I grew up in Gwinnett County and was down there visiting my parents.

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know that rest area, it's on lake Hartwell. Grew up in Gville, SC, and now in N.GA. Still make that drive often to visit the fam back home. Often stop to stretch the legs with a short walk down to the lake there. Nice.

You know, VA is also in the south :)

OP
OP
PolarVortex

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know that rest area, it's on lake Hartwell. Grew up in Gville, SC, and now in N.GA. Still make that drive often to visit the fam back home. Often stop to stretch the legs with a short walk down to the lake there. Nice.

You know, VA is also in the south :)
Yepper that's it for sure. And I guess I could have called it "Trip to the DEEP South" - more accurate. Living in Northern VA doesn't feel like the south after growing up in GA. HA
Sponsored