Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every future Bronco owner hearing this:
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
I'm not exactly optimistic about the long-term prospects of the Bronco's high-pressure, dual-turbo, direct-injection, aluminum-block, tech-laden V6. Or for that matter its 10-speed auto trans.

We are asking far too much of internal combustion these days. Give me an old-school V-8.

While I don't exactly embrace the electric-vehicle future with open arms, I will welcome the reduced mechanical complexity.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They (CR) are generally coy about sources of contributions and this is no different, in fact, i'd say their revenue recognition is superbly stated by KPMG in that you would have a difficult time using their financials to determine where much of their income comes from aside from print (not doing so well) and legacy clicks. At least 20% of their income is nebulously identified.
That's quite a shot across the bow without anything specific backing it up. What started as a very specific claim that CR is taking payments in exchange for favorable reviews has morphed into a more vague claim that it's well-hidden in their financial report. Specifically what in their financial report do you think represents "20% of their income is nebulously identified"? As in, which page and line item is where you think that is occurring? It's certainly difficult to refute any claim like that without knowing where to look.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks, when I created this thread I didn't mean for this to turn into a pissing contest. I just thought it was an interesting comparison of the current Jeep Wrangler. I am betting that the majority of those on this forum have, have had, or have wanted to have a Jeep.
No matter how you butter your bread, it's still a pretty cool vehicle, maybe not so much as the Bronco, but nice nonetheless. I hope at the end of the day we all just remember that this is just a forum for the exchange of ideas and info. Best Wishes to all.
You mentioned Consumer Reports, and to Jeep owners, "them's fightin' words"! 😄

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think this was cr it was so shocking i screen shoted it
Ford Bronco Troubles in Jeepville? Screenshot_20200625-044927_Chrome

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hate to be a bubble burster ive seen some posts here saying that they are getting the bronco to keep in the family and pass down to the kids and such.

One look under that hood at that double turbo snake nest will convince ya this anit no 200,000 miler enjoy it while you can.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not exactly optimistic about the long-term prospects of the Bronco's high-pressure, dual-turbo, direct-injection, aluminum-block, tech-laden V6. Or for that matter its 10-speed auto trans.

We are asking far too much of internal combustion these days. Give me an old-school V-8.

While I don't exactly embrace the electric-vehicle future with open arms, I will welcome the reduced mechanical complexity.
I only posted a gif lol. Point your comments towards someone claiming those bronco stats are good🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hate to be a bubble burster ive seen some posts here saying that they are getting the bronco to keep in the family and pass down to the kids and such.

One look under that hood at that double turbo snake nest will convince ya this anit no 200,000 miler enjoy it while you can.
Next motor going into mine will be a 5.0. Hopefully 200k miles out of the 2.7.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When it fails we can just replace it with a LS...

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Multiple posts showing Jeep quality higher than Ford (per quoted stats), but people keep talking about crappy Jeep quality. Only on a Ford forum.
Sponsored