Sponsored

Trying to be patient but what’s going on?!

OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im in a similar situation. There was an "in transit" dealer stock and I put down a deposit only to find out 2 weeks later that is is "still at the factory on hold". I've learned more from the good folks here on the forum than from the dealer. It seems there are a plethera of potential supply chain/transporation chain issues that cause delays. Since you have a built status, I would bug the dealer for the rail car number and then use the tracking systems as da_jokker referenced. The Trackers button at the top of the forums pages has links and info on how to use this. Cheers and good luck.
Still at the factory?! That’s awful! What was your production date? I’m going to try and remain patient. The dealership said they have showing by this Wednesday so I’ll be calling Thursday morning if nothing happens before and do what you’re suggesting. Has there been anymore progress on yours?
Sponsored

FuzzyBlues

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5/19/23... Check out the build week threads. There are a lot of folks waiting longer than me so I'm not complaining. I've also read all of the 500+ day order holder stories but thought that one already coming to the dealer would be an easy catch and that most of the supply chain issues were in the past. Bad assumptions. I also noticed that the dealers in my area started easing the ADM price hikes a month ago, then they all spikes back up. They abviously got wind of the delays. You can also see the massive number of "dealer ordered" broncos on the search inventory pages now. There are log jams and not many answers. Axle issue? Seat belt recall? Options holding the build? Trucking issues? Rail issues? All of the above? Hold tight. We'll get there.

Reactions: TyB
OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can't stop grinning. And I find myself volunteering to run to the store for the wife. LOL
Lol Love that!!! I have a feeling I’ll be going on a lot of extra rides as well. Looking forward to it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
5/19/23... Check out the build week threads. There are a lot of folks waiting longer than me so I'm not complaining. I've also read all of the 500+ day order holder stories but thought that one already coming to the dealer would be an easy catch and that most of the supply chain issues were in the past. Bad assumptions. I also noticed that the dealers in my area started easing the ADM price hikes a month ago, then they all spikes back up. They abviously got wind of the delays. You can also see the massive number of "dealer ordered" broncos on the search inventory pages now. There are log jams and not many answers. Axle issue? Seat belt recall? Options holding the build? Trucking issues? Rail issues? All of the above? Hold tight. We'll get there.
I did think that ordering a “dealer ordered” would be faster. I’m still hoping that’s the case. Seriously I only found this Bronco online on the 5th of this month. Today’s the 19th. If it comes soon I’ll consider myself lucky. I can’t imagine how others have waited almost a year! I think I would have been fine if my car dealer didn’t tell me within 10 days, 12 days ago. I was truly expecting longer but he got me very excited. I’m still excited of course but finding out from everyone on here How things can truly go, I think I’ll be a little less anxious.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

874 days for me... That's how long it took from the time for took my money to the time my Bronco was sitting in my driveway.

And there are people that are still waiting longer than me.

Good luck!

OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
874 days for me... That's how long it took from the time for took my money to the time my Bronco was sitting in my driveway.

And there are people that are still waiting longer than me.

Good luck!
Oh no!!! I heard a year and a little more but never that long! That’s crazy! Do you feel like it was worth the wait? Thank you...Truly hope it’s not much longer.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Were you able to get the rail car number from your dealer or Ford Customer Service? If yes, you can call the railroad to get updates on it's location.
Instructions are here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ry-info-thread-updated-december-9-2022.60882/

Don't have too much faith in the estimated delivery dates you see..... delays are common and those eta's don't take them into account. It's a good sign if it gets put on a train after it's built, but the trip may include transfers to other locomotives and a lot of shuffling of your rail car.

The wait sure is excruciating! Mine was built 3/26 with an ETA of 4/15..... I was excited! Then it sat 2 months until 5/28 waiting to be actually shipped. Ugh!
It made it to the nearby rail port on 6/5 and I thought it would be delivered within a week! But No! It's been sitting in the rail car waiting to be unloaded for the past 15 days! The waiting just goes on and on and on..... I'm now at 1030 days since I reserved my Bronco in August 2020.

OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Were you able to get the rail car number from your dealer or Ford Customer Service? If yes, you can call the railroad to get updates on it's location.
Instructions are here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ry-info-thread-updated-december-9-2022.60882/

Don't have too much faith in the estimated delivery dates you see..... delays are common and those eta's don't take them into account. It's a good sign if it gets put on a train after it's built, but the trip may include transfers to other locomotives and a lot of shuffling of your rail car.

The wait sure is excruciating! Mine was built 3/26 with an ETA of 4/15..... I was excited! Then it sat 2 months until 5/28 waiting to be actually shipped. Ugh!
It made it to the nearby rail port on 6/5 and I thought it would be delivered within a week! But No! It's been sitting in the rail car waiting to be unloaded for the past 15 days! The waiting just goes on and on and on..... I'm now at 1030 days since I reserved my Bronco in August 2020.
Wait…you reserved a Bronco in 2020 and still haven’t gotten it?! I’m new to this and trying to understand. If that’s correct, that’s insane!

I tried to find the rail information from my window sticker. I believe I found the correct information. I tried calling all 3 rail systems just in case I was wrong with thinking it was CSX, but the automated system said something along the lines of my package not having any details or not found or something like that. I was hoping that meant it was off the train but I guess that could mean it’s not even on yet?

Is it the two letters after the “9-Normal” at the top of my window sticker and then the six numbers after? I’m going to try again today to see. Thank you!

Sponsored

FuzzyBlues

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its not on the sticker. You need to call the dealer. Sometimes Ford has given this to folks but your dealer should def be able to provide. The ramp number on the sticker is the destination unloading point I beleive.

OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its not on the sticker. You need to call the dealer. Sometimes Ford has given this to folks but your dealer should def be able to provide. The ramp number on the sticker is the destination unloading point I beleive.
Oh ok! Good to know! I’ll call the dealership now. Thank you!

FuzzyBlues

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...and these folks placed orders. They configured what they wanted and placed that order to be built. You are buying a dealer order that the dealer placed to be sold off of their lot. Big difference. Your dealer order date should be shown on the tracker. Mine was in Jan. but I didnt get involved until May when the dealer posted that they had it in transit (lies).

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait…you reserved a Bronco in 2020 and still haven’t gotten it?! I’m new to this and trying to understand. If that’s correct, that’s insane!

I tried to find the rail information from my window sticker. I believe I found the correct information. I tried calling all 3 rail systems just in case I was wrong with thinking it was CSX, but the automated system said something along the lines of my package not having any details or not found or something like that. I was hoping that meant it was off the train but I guess that could mean it’s not even on yet?

Is it the two letters after the “9-Normal” at the top of my window sticker and then the six numbers after? I’m going to try again today to see. Thank you!
The rail car number isn't on the window sticker. The destination is... in the 'Ramp One' box is a code. Mine is RU2G which is for Wilmington, Delaware.

You can ask your dealer for your rail car number, or call Ford and ask. Some say they can't give it out, so call again until someone else gives it to you. Then call the RR company with your rail car number.

Your dealer can also track it's location using their VinView system.
But as I said before, delays are common.

Yes, I did reserve almost 3 years ago! There were likely 100,000 orders ahead of me whihich accounts for some of the wait.....

OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow! Great information guys. Thank you! I’m going to see what I can find.
Sponsored