Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Out as fast as possible, look like factory, no ugly slant back, more quality/lasting than OEM, sound deadening/liner...keep it simple (KISS) make it affordable and good communication to customers!

I tell ya, if FORD comes out with a revised hard top and if its cheaper it will hurt the aftermarket companies badly...I would buy an upgraded (3.0?) FORD hard top over aftermarket if they were available right now...
Thanks for the feedback!

We will have to see what Ford does! As of now they've left the door open for serious improvements!
Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Out as fast as possible, look like factory, no ugly slant back, more quality/lasting than OEM, sound deadening/liner...keep it simple (KISS) make it affordable and good communication to customers!

I tell ya, if FORD comes out with a revised hard top and if its cheaper it will hurt the aftermarket companies badly...I would buy an upgraded (3.0?) FORD hard top over aftermarket if they were available right now...
you have a lot of faith in that four letter f word

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good to see another company making a hardtop for the bronco. We need more than just ā€œweā€™re waiting on the rubberā€ and then only to give it to all youtubers after youā€™ve already spent all the money from customer order which you took almost a year ago crap.

Toolman1960

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Lariet FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own a 2 door, my top is either on or off donā€™t use the vehicle with the front panels removed. I have thought many times if someone would build a high quality 1 piece top for the 2 door I would purchase it. I love the personality and driving experience of the topless 2 door Bronco, in my opinion a 1 piece top for the 2 door would really bring an improved driving experience when the top is on. You would also have the market to yourselves ADV Fiberglass wonā€™t build one, Iā€™ve asked!

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My suggestion is you make a top like the Sky One-Touch for the Jeep. As far as I can tell there are no patents that would preclude you from doing this and it would be the first to market for the Bronco. As you can see from the picture I attached, the Sky-One Touch is not an especially complicated design and if you incorporated it into your top you could even have 2 different roof section offerings that are swappable so the rear and side windows stay the same but the top could be solid or sky-one touch.

IMG_5682.jpeg

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Turn Offroad,

Just logged in to provide some words of encouragement and wishes for your success with this project.

Seems like the group has a long wish list of desired features, and mine falls at the minimalist end of the spectrum for a 2 door single piece top. Please don't loose sight of the quality basics: Good fit and finish, no leaks, less noise, low maintenance etc.

Good Luck !
rak2

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Turn Offroad, members have given a lot of good feature suggestions, some of them in conflict with others. A couple might be a fools errand. Here's my suggestion.

Road testing is what a fabricator does.
Wind tunnel testing is what an engineer does. You have some in your neighborhood. ACE, LSWT, CalPoly, ... Mic it to get your money's worth.

Maw262

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,

We are excited to announce that we have started the process of building our own hardtop at Turn Offroad. We started the R&D process by chopping our OEM hard top down for engineering on our molds and thought you guys would be interested in seeing what a cross section of the OEM top looks like!

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE sunr

Our top had better resin penetration than what we've seen from other photos circulating around.

I'm also interested in hearing opinions on options not currently available in the aftermarket. We hope to have a prototype within the next few weeks and to begin production shortly thereafter. Stay tuned for more progress photos of the process and ultimately photos of a working prototype!

**We will not be taking preorders, we will only begin selling our tops when they are in stock ready to ship**
Would like to see a safari or surf hardtop that has a little extra height than standard. The more soundproofing the better.

Sponsored

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be the only one that hates panels.

Build a quality simple good looking one piece hardtop for a 2 door and I will buy it.

No batwings...no power anything...no holes...no sunroof...not even a rear wiper...just a few bolts to take it on and off.

Salt

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE 1690125137797

I would love to see a top with the option to pick glass panels like these!

Also, (maybe a 2.0 version idea) have the option to have the top shipped in the body color of your vehicle so donā€™t have to go find a paint shop to complete the project. It would be nice if it came ready. Not sure how much more that would cost as a consumer, or if there would be a lot more added cost for your shop to have all the OEM colors available, but would be nice.

Toolman1960

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Lariet FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really like the looks of the tailgate angle ADV Fiberglass incorporated into their top, it just looks right! One piece 2 door with that rear glass angle would be great. Of course we want our rear window defrost and wiper to work too!

Jlaw86

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door hard top / smooth / paint ready šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø

pakrat