Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

**We will not be taking preorders, we will only begin selling our tops when they are in stock ready to ship**
This is a breath of fresh air. It says a lot about the integrity of your company.

I didn't think anybody knew how to perform R&D without taking the customers cash for incredibly long periods of time any more.

I've seen that go wrong so many times before, yet B6G members treat it like it's business as usual.

I will definitely be keeping an eye out for this top now!!!
Sponsored

Jander76

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my two cents - but my issue comes to the added costs of sound deadining + washer+wiper + shipping on the others around that make a 5-6k top closer to 7-8k. I don't know the details on the internal costs but I can't pay 15-20% of my vehicles value in a top

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised at the number of 2 door folks who already have a hardtop that would be willing to pay even more for another one. The reality is that the real market right now is all of the people who bought soft tops and really wanted a hard top.

JackalOnassis

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm glad to see more companies getting into the after-market hardtop game. Paying over $7000 for the Advance Fiberglass one (with shipping included) is a hard pill to swallow. Not saying it isn't worth it, it's just a lot of money.

Bobbyfr

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
removable side windows, and then hinge or make detachable the side and back glass where you can stack or fold up the back canopy for flat storage when not on the vehicle.

Sponsored

gerby151

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22Bronco Badlands (Honcho) '09 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're interested in providing an option no one else is offering, I would kill for an actual tailgate and power rear window to go with the new top...

ad47ffa4207d268b21d3860a8832beaa.jpg

david-brooks-1978-ford-bronco-tailgate-jpg.jpg

Big no for me - I’m had way too much headache on my ‘92 once water was getting through gasket and window motor quit working in the gate

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Big no for me - I’m had way too much headache on my ‘92 once water was getting through gasket and window motor quit working in the gate
Vehicles have come a long way since the 90s; Toyota still has a power rear window in their 4runners.

I'm actually getting ready to replace all the weatherstripping on my 96. Proper maintenance is definitely important.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm surprised at the number of 2 door folks who already have a hardtop that would be willing to pay even more for another one. The reality is that the real market right now is all of the people who bought soft tops and really wanted a hard top.
Not n my garage, I just want a top that will last. 6K miles and I am going in for my 3rd top. Just spent 30 mind numbing minutes on the phone with Ford. Got a case number. Woohoo.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Vehicles have come a long way since the 90s; Toyota still has a power rear window in their 4runners.

I'm actually getting ready to replace all the weatherstripping on my 96. Proper maintenance is definitely important.
LOL I've had to repair the window motor in one 4runner, a linkage and weatherstripping in another, and a motor and control module in a third. Drop down tailgates are a pain on a good day, they're a step back into the dark ages. The only place they belong is on a truck and even then they're still the first thing to feel clapped out as you rack up the miles. Add a power window to a tailgate and it's a recipe for hot garbage. Imagine the wind noise you'd get from the interface between a less than perfect tailgate window and a removable top...and how would you even make it work on a soft top? Some ridiculous looking frame that adds considerable labor and complexity just to drop the top, or would soft top owners just never get to roll the window up as long as they had a soft top? If the 6G came with a drop down tailgate and roll up window, it's entirely possible I would've never bought one.

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Turn Offroad, any updates on this hard top as of late?
Thanks for asking! We’ve got the rear window/ tailgate area developed and sealing really nicely. We’re now moving to our targa section and the area behind the rear doors.

We are taking our time and making sure that everything is precisely fitted and designed to be simple and effective at keeping water and wind noise out.

I will be sharing more photos once we’ve got more to show and we have the shape developed and solidified.
Sponsored