Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does TOR have a warranty program for these tops in addition to the one year statement on the website?
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does TOR have a warranty program for these tops in addition to the one year statement on the website?
Lifetime but no specifics yet. If you don't roll it, jump up and down on the thing, put a tree branch through a window, or light it on fire you are probably covered.

TURN Todd

Outer Banks
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lifetime but no specifics yet. If you don't roll it, jump up and down on the thing, put a tree branch through a window, or light it on fire you are probably covered.
We are a little behind on the warranty. It was kind of put towards bottom of the list with everything else going on, sorry we will have it soon. Just know it is lifetime from manufacture defect to the original owner of the top.

TURN Todd

Outer Banks
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. We will be headed up to KOH tomorrow. So the shop will be closed Jan 31 - Feb 2. If your at KOH, come find us camped with The Bronco Nation. We will have koozies(which includes a free beer) and T-shirts.
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE Screenshot 2024-01-30 095218

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. We will be headed up to KOH tomorrow. So the shop will be closed Jan 31 - Feb 2. If your at KOH, come find us camped with The Bronco Nation. We will have koozies(which includes a free beer) and T-shirts.
Screenshot 2024-01-30 095218.png
Todd, how dare you take time away from the endless hours spent working and responding to all our hardtop questions, travelling to pick up Hardtops, etc., just to go have a little Bronco fun and promote your business? Don't you know we need you 24-7???
(Written with all implied sarcasm)

Have a great time!!!

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE Screenshot 2024-01-30 095218
I sure hope you strapped free beer to the hard tops that are shipping?? :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy your time there, and enjoy your well deserved time off... Well, sorta. :)

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are a little behind on the warranty. It was kind of put towards bottom of the list with everything else going on, sorry we will have it soon. Just know it is lifetime from manufacture defect to the original owner of the top.
Thank you Todd.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some quick feedback after delivery and install of my TOR.

• Unboxing and install is super fast and straightforward. Once it is unboxed it was probably 5-10 minutes tops to put it on and adjust the latches (not including taking off your soft top). You will need a hand and if you lifted your Bronco or have a sasquatch your wife might not be able to get it up that high so a tall wife or an average male. It is not very heavy.
  • If you know Jeep tops you know what you are getting. Solid/proven fiberglass construction. There is a reason for offering the lifetime warranty. Feels strong and does not seem to flex much if any. Not having bolt together side panels is a big plus IMO.
  • For the headliner if you have ever had a Leer topper for your truck or the carpet in a ski boat that is what it looks like. It is black and tight knit. It may have a deadening layer as it feels thicker than simply carpet.
  • I've barely driven around town (no freeway yet) but it immediately eliminated ALL squeaks and rattles. My street has drainage channels running across every 10 yards or so (picture and inverted speed bump). I hit them at speed, went slowly, and crossed at angles and could not get a squeak out of the top or the Bronco for that matter. Same with driveway and parking lot entrances, potholes, rough streets, and manholes. I took decibel readings with my old soft top prior to removing it at several different speeds. When I get a chance I will take and post readings of the TOR top and post results.
  • The top arrived with a fairly substantial film or polish. Not sure if it is a wax, polish, or release agent. It will surely mellow out the super glossy look when that washes off.
  • Someone mentioned the side glass angle does not match the angle of the top. It definitely does but if you are not looking directly perpendicular the rounded rear corner can give an impression that it does not. There is an angle/line in the fiberglass mold that is perfectly lined up with the window.
  • The latches are not fancy but they work well. If staring at the ceiling is your thing you might not be satisfied.
  • Four places where it is branded: most noticeably the obvious side patches, stenciling on the inside of the side windows (sort of low-key), stenciling on the rear window, and the rear glass hinges which blends in. Obviously an issue for some buyers but very easy to scrap off the glass, cover the patch or replace it when TOR offers a delete or customization.
In short you won't be surprised by what you are getting. It is a fiberglass top like Jeeps have had forever. This is not some ground breaking technology but we see how well that works with the OEM MIC. The tolerances are tight, the color is consistent, it is squeak and rattle free, and it was delivered super fast and undamaged.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Unboxing and install is super fast and straightforward. Once it is unboxed it was probably 5-10 minutes tops to put it on and adjust the latches (not including taking off your soft top). You will need a hand and if you lifted your Bronco or have a sasquatch your wife might not be able to get it up that high so a tall wife or an average male. It is not very heavy.
  • If you know Jeep tops you know what you are getting. Solid/proven fiberglass construction. There is a reason for offering the lifetime warranty. Feels strong and does not seem to flex much if any. Not having bolt together side panels is a big plus IMO.
  • For the headliner if you have ever had a Leer topper for your truck or the carpet in a ski boat that is what it looks like. It is black and tight knit. It may have a deadening layer as it feels thicker than simply carpet.
  • I've barely driven around town (no freeway yet) but it immediately eliminated ALL squeaks and rattles. My street has drainage channels running across every 10 yards or so (picture and inverted speed bump). I hit them at speed, went slowly, and crossed at angles and could not get a squeak out of the top or the Bronco for that matter. Same with driveway and parking lot entrances, potholes, rough streets, and manholes. I took decibel readings with my old soft top prior to removing it at several different speeds. When I get a chance I will take and post readings of the TOR top and post results.
  • The top arrived with a fairly substantial film or polish. Not sure if it is a wax, polish, or release agent. It will surely mellow out the super glossy look when that washes off.
  • Someone mentioned the side glass angle does not match the angle of the top. It definitely does but if you are not looking directly perpendicular the rounded rear corner can give an impression that it does not. There is an angle/line in the fiberglass mold that is perfectly lined up with the window.
  • The latches are not fancy but they work well. If staring at the ceiling is your thing you might not be satisfied.
  • Four places where it is branded: most noticeably the obvious side patches, stenciling on the inside of the side windows (sort of low-key), stenciling on the rear window, and the rear glass hinges which blends in. Obviously an issue for some buyers but very easy to scrap off the glass, cover the patch or replace it when TOR offers a delete or customization.
In short you won't be surprised by what you are getting. It is a fiberglass top like Jeeps have had forever. This is not some ground breaking technology but we see how well that works with the OEM MIC. The tolerances are tight, the color is consistent, it is squeak and rattle free, and it was delivered super fast and undamaged.
awesome review
great to see a quality top option for the community actually materialize

when they drop a 2dr version I will have a tough choice to make, especially considering the latches
I'm constantly looking at them when driving...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write-up. Everyone of these makes me more and more excited for mine to arrive - it's en route as I type this!

The latches bothered me at first too, but someone made a good point about the benefits of them being adjustable so you can keep it tight over time. I'm sure I'll get used to it - As long as it's functional and secure and doesn't wear out, I'll be happy.

Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Thanks for posting your thoughts, and Congrats on your new top!!!
I have a feeling you are spot on with your opinions of the solid cap vs bolt-on side panels. (That was a big factor in my finally switching to TOR).

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm gonna give you the good and the bad so here is a follow up on the branding. I couldn't for the life of me get a picture of the rear window branding from the outside no matter the angle. You really only see it when looking out your rearview mirror but then it really shows up. Pic from my mirror.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_8924

Pic of the top after the factory wax/shine was removed. I have applied nothing to the fenders or tops.
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_8915.JPG

Last edited:

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm gonna give you the good and the bad so here is a follow up on the branding. I couldn't for the life of me get a picture of the rear window branding from the outside no matter the angle. You really only see it when looking out your rearview mirror but then it really shows up. Pic from my mirror.

Pic of the top after the factory wax/shine was removed. I have applied nothing to the fenders or tops.
i wonder if there is going to be an "exchange program" if/when upgrading the back glass to add the defrost/wiper/washer? (And if so, will they prefer you leave the logo on the original glass?)

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i wonder if there is going to be an "exchange program" if/when upgrading the back glass to add the defrost/wiper/washer? (And if so, will they prefer you leave the logo on the original glass?)
That’s a great question because I plan on swapping out the glass once the wiper/defrost option is available.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't imagine shipping my rear glass back to them would be cost efficient, but I'm also up in Canada.

I do assume they'll ship a new rear glass to be installed, but you might be left to deal with the "old" glass. I could be wrong though. I guess I'm in a different situation due to my location.
Sponsored