Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got it installed! First I know it has small tires and therefore not a "real" Bronco (even though "real" Broncos had even smaller tires 🤣 ), but I'm not an off roader and it got me out of ski area parking lots last winter when Subarus and other lesser SUVs had to be towed with a bulldozer. I agree with the other reviews on here, the top looks great and the quality is excellent. As you can see, the rubber seal between the rear window and swing gate fits perfectly. I didn't use the supplied rubber pads that get installed on top of the swing gate, the original ones seem to work great. I did have to reposition the OEM landing plates on top to get the holes to line up. It was not a problem, but something they may want to add to the install video. Note landing plates are supplied in case you don't have the hard top prep kit, I debated using these as they are smaller and lighter than the OEM plates. No reason to have extra weigth. Another very minor thing is the supplied washers are very small, little bigger than the bolt head. I plan on replacing with larger washers. While the mounting points seem plenty robust, remember it is fiberglass/composite material not steel. You don't want to over torque the bolts. For this reason I would do it by hand, not with a power driver like they show in the video. Overall great top, great company and outstanding customer service and communication.

IMG_20240306_085023733_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240306_085041839_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240306_085050166_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240306_085102983.jpg

IMG_20240306_085116158.jpg

IMG_20240306_085129963.jpg

IMG_20240306_085140700.jpg
Looks great on carb grey. Cant wait to see it on mine!
Sponsored

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's ON!

Installed my top today. I took my time, and had to take my BesTop off first (lots of parts and needed to organize it all) so I probably took about 3-4 hours for the whole process.

Performance:
It is MUCH quieter. Music sounds better, and you get that enclosed feeling like you're in a normal car cabin.
There's a slight wind sound at the front of the top that spans across the front of the targa, which may be because it's a little windy today. I'll have to monitor that to see if the seals need checking.

Install:
Overall, pretty easy install. The most challenging part is getting the large piece in place for those top screws. I had to pry it closer (similar to what they did in the video) just to get the screws to line up.

I adjusted all four latches, in particular the ones in front, to get the targa snug. This was a bit of a pain, since I had to take the entire latch screw out to adjust the nut outwards to make room to tighten down further and had to do this several times to get it right.

This top is awesome. I'm so happy I made the decision to go with this company. Awesome craftsmanship, EXCEPTIONAL customer service, and great communication. Thank you, @TurnOffRoad

IMG_2865.jpeg

IMG_2863.jpeg

IMG_2864.jpeg

IMG_2866.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's ON!

Installed my top today. I took my time, and had to take my BesTop off first (lots of parts and needed to organize it all) so I probably took about 3-4 hours for the whole process.

Performance:
It is MUCH quieter. Music sounds better, and you get that enclosed feeling like you're in a normal car cabin.
There's a slight wind sound at the front of the top that spans across the front of the targa, which may be because it's a little windy today. I'll have to monitor that to see if the seals need checking.

Install:
Overall, pretty easy install. The most challenging part is getting the large piece in place for those top screws. I had to pry it closer (similar to what they did in the video) just to get the screws to line up.

I adjusted all four latches, in particular the ones in front, to get the targa snug. This was a bit of a pain, since I had to take the entire latch screw out to adjust the nut outwards to make room to tighten down further and had to do this several times to get it right.

This top is awesome. I'm so happy I made the decision to go with this company. Awesome craftsmanship, EXCEPTIONAL customer service, and great communication. Thank you, @TurnOffRoad

IMG_2865.jpeg

IMG_2863.jpeg

IMG_2864.jpeg

IMG_2866.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg
For anyone else who has received a top - Did you get a giant spool of weather stripping? I got this with my top and was curious if it's just an accessory, or if we need to apply it on the edges.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For anyone else who has received a top - Did you get a giant spool of weather stripping? I got this with my top and was curious if it's just an accessory, or if we need to apply it on the edges.
I did not

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone seen that ford is supposed to be selling tops for $5k and could take a year to get. That is ridiculous!

Sponsored

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Turn Offroad wanted to ask you this - got this giant spool of weather stripping with my top so just wanted to make sure that wasn't an additional step. Thank you!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, all my weather stripping was installed.

You sure you didn't get a hard top from the "other" guys? They require you to assemble your top, including weatherstripping... :rolleyes:

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Turn Offroad wanted to ask you this - got this giant spool of weather stripping with my top so just wanted to make sure that wasn't an additional step. Thank you!
It’s the TOR/ADV hybrid top. Some assembly required

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is someone accidentally left a spool of it on the crate when it went out for shipping. That'd be the most logical answer.

As long as your hard top has weather stripping along the bottom of the rear glass, the bottom of the rear clam shell itself, and along the targa top edges, you should be good to go (I don't think I'm missing any other key areas?).

@Rd1103 - Can you post a picture of the spool? Curious to see how much it is. TOR may want it shipped back if it's a significant amount, but I'll leave that to them to connect with you on that. I wouldn't throw it out just yet.

Last edited:

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is someone accidentally left a spool of it on the crate when it went out for shipping. That'd be the most logical answer.

As long as your hard top has weather stripping along the bottom of the rear glass, the bottom of the rear clam shell itself, and along the targa top edges, you should be good to go (I don't think I'm missing any other key areas?).

@Rd1103 - Can you post a picture of the spool? Curious to see how much it is. TOR may want it shipped back if it's a significant amount, but I'll leave that to them to connect with you on that. I wouldn't throw it out just yet.
Yeah, it's the same stripping that goes on the back window. Is it also supposed to be on the front of the targa?

IMG_2875.jpeg

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, it's the same stripping that goes on the back window. Is it also supposed to be on the front of the targa?

IMG_2875.jpeg
Ya, my guess is they'd like that shipped back. That's a lot more than I was envisioning!

There's weatherstripping either on the targa top or the edges of the hard top clam shell where it mounts - It might even be both, I can't recall off the top of my head.

"The other guys" - Supply chain issues with getting rubber.

TOR - Ships extra weatherstripping as some sort of ultimate flex :ROFLMAO:

(Kidding, of course)

Moose Knuckles

Big Bend
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did not receive weather stripping either.

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow not sure how that got in there!

What's most likely is our guys at the plant gave it a free ride to our shipping facility via the hard top crate and forgot to tell anyone.

I'm really sorry about that! I'll shoot you a direct message about sending you a shipping label and having that picked up. I'm sure that was extremely confusing! I apologize!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_2875
Lol I was looking at this, lifetime seals ????

Whole spool of it.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks