Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just spoke with Todd to get an update on expected timeline on development/shipment of the white top. He indicated that because demand is relatively low for the white version, they no longer have plans to produce them…

He also said that people currently on the list for a white top will have the option of buying the primered top and having them painted. He expects those notifications to go out sometime in the next few months.

I received notice today that my AC white top is now in assembly and should be ready to ship in 1-2 weeks. I’m glad I kept all my options open.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just spoke with Todd to get an update on expected timeline on development/shipment of the white top. He indicated that because demand is relatively low for the white version, they no longer have plans to produce them…

He also said that people currently on the list for a white top will have the option of buying the primered top and having them painted. He expects those notifications to go out sometime in the next few months.

I received notice today that my AC white top is now in assembly and should be ready to ship in 1-2 weeks. I’m glad I kept all my options open.
Regardless which top you go with, it's so much quieter than the softtop. Sometimes you don't realize how much white noise the softtop makes...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you installing the TOR carrier? I did mine this past weekend. It closes fine and is level but the gap on the handle side got much bigger and obviously smaller on the hinge side. Perfectly level and and operates fine but I can't figure out how to get it centered again. Anyone have any suggestions let me know.
That's the exact issue the place had when installing mine. They ended up having to adjust the hinges by the passenger side tail light. It looks awesome now and much better.

This is how my tailgate gaps turned out once done (prior, you couldn't even stick a piece of paper in the gap on the passenger side):

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE 1712686779514-tm
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE 1712686791961-zl

Last edited:

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the exact issue the place had when installing mine. They ended up having to adjust the hinges by the passenger side tail light. It looks awesome now and much better.

This is how my tailgate gaps turned out once done (prior, you couldn't even stick a piece of paper in the gap on the passenger side):

Thanks. That is good news. In the install video I couldn't tell if removing the taillight and adjusting it there was the appropriate action. Don't want to have to remove more than is necessary.

On a side note to anyone doing this, since you already have some trim pieces removed it is easy to go a little further and remove the side panels covering the wheel wells and the cargo floor cover. I did this and put down some sound deadening on the floor and wheel wells. Took about 1.5hrs extra but the result is very noticeable. Eliminates most of the road noise coming through the sheet metal back there and really helps the stereo. I used Siless 3 in 1 Sound Deadening and Vibration Reduction Mat. 1 box does the entire rear with a bunch leftover. Came out so well I'm planning on doing the from wheel wells, remaining floors and probably doors. The TOR hardtop and that really makes the ride and sound quality so much better.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. That is good news. In the install video I couldn't tell if removing the taillight and adjusting it there was the appropriate action. Don't want to have to remove more than is necessary.
Yeah, from what I gathered from the video and speaking with the technician who did the install, there's quite a bit of adjustability in this area. I believe the hinges in mine are pretty much as far over as they can go, which gave the spacing/look you see in my pictures.

Be prepared: There's a lot of dirt/mud that builds up when you remove that trim piece around the tail light. I was quite surprised, and I don't off-road all that much!

Sponsored

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am on batch 3 so I have put it on my Bronco for some time. Some updates on the hardtop:

0. Great service.
TOR installed the hardtop at their site.

1. Glue smell.
It is gone now.

2. Wind noise:
I have a roof rack, so the wind noise is a bit higher, but it is fine. If you put your hand on the hardtop when cruising over 60mph, you can feel that the targa is slightly vibrating. I guess that is where you can feel the wind power :)

3. Offroad noise:
Some people mentioned that you don't need to fully tighten the jamnuts. This is where it makes a difference. When you go through some washboard road, you will notice the latch will make some squeaking noise. Tighten them.

4. Other noise:
4.1 This is purely personal experience, road noise varies a lot based on trim, tire, coilovers etc.
I daily drive this Bronco with a nearly empty trunk weekday. What I notice is that the road noise is mostly noticeable around 10-20 mph. It feels like some low-frequency noise is amplified in a hollow box. I sit in the trunk and knock the top of the rear piece can confirm this.

Some rumors said TOR will develop a new headliner, Looking forward to that.

4.2 Hardtop rubbing c-pillar plastic panel. (new stuff, so I will add some photos here)
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE 20240409_172821
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE 20240409_172959

Again, this is mostly noticeable when low speed over some potholes. Yesterday, I asked my friend to drive and I lay down in the trunk. and finally, I found it. The plastic panel that holding the soft-top v panel is popped off due to hardtop weight. Looking from the outside, I can see these two pieces are rubbing. I lub the gap and put a few towels as padding between the hardtop and C-pillar as a temporary solution. It kills all the noise now. Todd just suggested I may need to loose the mounting bolts and adjust the gasket. I will try it later.
I assume when the hardtop gradually sits in as we are tightening the mounting bolts, this may happen.

5. Leakage:
SoCal has tons of rain this year. So I can test it. Maybe I am unfortunate, but I have two leakage spots.

5.1 Rear windshield & Tailgate. This was before I installed the TOR tailgate reinforcement. Strictly speaking, 50% is on ford. My tailgate is slightly twisted even with a 35'' tire. and the top edge near the driver's side can barely touch the rear windshield bottom seal. One day, when I parked on a hill with the rear end up, the water got in. I went back to TurnOffroad and Todd replaced a thicker seal and the problem was solved.

5.2 Two quarter glasses. Both quarter glass glues are broken. I washed my car and noticed the water stain in the trunk area. Driver-side is the top edge, passenger-side is the bottom edge. Again, TOR fixed both now.

So this is my experience. FYI.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am on batch 3 so I have put it on my Bronco for some time. Some updates on the hardtop:

0. Great service.
TOR installed the hardtop at their site.

1. Glue smell.
It is gone now.

2. Wind noise:
I have a roof rack, so the wind noise is a bit higher, but it is fine. If you put your hand on the hardtop when cruising over 60mph, you can feel that the targa is slightly vibrating. I guess that is where you can feel the wind power :)

3. Offroad noise:
Some people mentioned that you don't need to fully tighten the jamnuts. This is where it makes a difference. When you go through some washboard road, you will notice the latch will make some squeaking noise. Tighten them.

4. Other noise:
4.1 This is purely personal experience, road noise varies a lot based on trim, tire, coilovers etc.
I daily drive this Bronco with a nearly empty trunk weekday. What I notice is that the road noise is mostly noticeable around 10-20 mph. It feels like some low-frequency noise is amplified in a hollow box. I sit in the trunk and knock the top of the rear piece can confirm this.

Some rumors said TOR will develop a new headliner, Looking forward to that.

4.2 Hardtop rubbing c-pillar plastic panel. (new stuff, so I will add some photos here)

Again, this is mostly noticeable when low speed over some potholes. Yesterday, I asked my friend to drive and I lay down in the trunk. and finally I found it. The plastic panel that holding the soft-top v panel is popped off due to hardtop weight. Looking from the outside, I can see these two pieces are rubbing. I lub the gap and put a few towels as padding inside between the hardtop and C-pillar as a temporary solution. It kills all the noise now. Todd just suggested I may need to loose the mounting bolts and adjust the gasket. I will try it later.
I assume when the hardtop gradually sits in as we are tightening the mounting bolts, this may happen.

5. Leakage:
SoCal has tons of rain this year. So I can test it. Maybe I am unfortunate, but I have two leakage spots.

5.1 Rear windshield & Tailgate. This was before I installed the TOR tailgate reinforcement. Strictly speaking, 50% is on ford. My tailgate is slightly twisted even with a 35'' tire. and the top edge near the driver's side can barely touch the rear windshield bottom seal. One day, when I parked on a hill with the rear end up, the water got in. I went back to TurnOffroad and Todd replaced a thicker seal and the problem was solved.

5.2 Two quarter glasses. Both quarter glass glues are broken. I washed my car and noticed the water stain in the trunk area. Driver-side is the top edge, passenger-side is the bottom edge. Again, TOR fixed both now.

So this is my experience. FYI.
@BoverW Thanks for your feedback!

I know that your experience has not been typical of the high standards we strive for and you've worked with us every step of the way! We're committed to ensuring your satisfaction and will keep working diligently to correct any issues that may arise.

Thank you for your trust in us and working with us to navigate these challenges!

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@BoverW Thanks for your feedback!

I know that your experience has not been typical of the high standards we strive for and you've worked with us every step of the way! We're committed to ensuring your satisfaction and will keep working diligently to correct any issues that may arise.

Thank you for your trust in us and working with us to navigate these challenges!
No problem. Just hope my time can help to improve the product design. Nothing is perfect from the beginning.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In terms of hard top accessory ideas, any chance @Turn Offroad would consider offering an alternative headliner, even if it’s Velcro backed panels like Hothead Headliners? My dogs are going to turn this carpet liner into a shag rug in no time.

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In terms of hard top accessory ideas, any chance @Turn Offroad would consider offering an alternative headliner, even if it’s Velcro backed panels like Hothead Headliners? My dogs are going to turn this carpet liner into a shag rug in no time.
This is definitely on our radar. I will reach out when we have something to show but I do have it in our R&D pipeline!

Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Turn Offroad Any updates to when the rear window defroster will be available?

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Turn Offroad Any updates to when the rear window defroster will be available?
We're looking to launch that within the next couple of weeks. We're behind schedule a bit but it's coming very soon. We just got the photography done late last week.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We're looking to launch that within the next couple of weeks. We're behind schedule a bit but it's coming very soon. We just got the photography done late last week.
Awesome, thanks for the update.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, this is mostly noticeable when low speed over some potholes. Yesterday, I asked my friend to drive and I lay down in the trunk. and finally, I found it. The plastic panel that holding the soft-top v panel is popped off due to hardtop weight. Looking from the outside, I can see these two pieces are rubbing. I lub the gap and put a few towels as padding between the hardtop and C-pillar as a temporary solution. It kills all the noise now. Todd just suggested I may need to loose the mounting bolts and adjust the gasket. I will try it later.
I'm probably just an idiot, but can you show a picture of where you stuffed towels or the specific area you're referring to? I understand where you put the lube as it's clear on your 2nd picture. But I'm kind of lost on your first one.

Thanks!

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm probably just an idiot, but can you show a picture of where you stuffed towels or the specific area you're referring to? I understand where you put the lube as it's clear on your 2nd picture. But I'm kind of lost on your first one.

Thanks!
Here.
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE 20240410_140240

A temp fix.
Sponsored