Sponsored

Two oddball answers for which I searched and no joy.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1). The front interior of the two door has the body color painted metal section. Does anyone know if it is actually part of the door skin or just an insert?

2). Floor inserts (front and back) $160...I am sure the aftermarket will have better for cheaper, but the Bronco branded (again, pre-pro) liner pictures look pretty nice.
$160 isn't a bad price for 4 mats. That's less than what Weathertech mats cost me for my vehicle and their mats won't have the "Bronco" logo on them. Also, the Weathertech are great at capturing a lot of liquid, but I've found that the edges get bent up from feet stepping on them on the way in and out. For those reasons, I've decided to go with the Bronco mats. I will probably get a Weathertech liner for the cargo area, though. I've been happy with those in various vehicles for 20+ years.

I wouldn't over-think or worry about the body color door inserts on the two-door. The contact points between the interior and exterior are likely minimal, reducing any points of heat/cold transmission. Also, there is very likely some insulation in the doors, as without it, it would be a pretty noisy ride. I'm sure the metal will feel a little colder in the winter than plastic would, but mainly from when the interior is cold (i.e., from sitting overnight). I've gotta think with as much engineering that has gone into the rest of the vehicle, this has been thought of and addressed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m inclined to save the $160 and wait for the WeatherTech mats.
It should be easy to get a set of factory mats, if you change your mind.
Always liked the Weather Tech mats, every time I bought the factory mats I was truly disappointed...

Maybe Weather Tech will catch on and pre-fade them to a grey MIC... Maybe even Cyber Orange or Area 51 thin trim lines to make sure they match the brutal interior choices in BL and WT...

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That tiny bit of exposed inner steel on the door is not an issue. Until the 1980s most trucks and some cars (thinking VW Beetle but there were lots of others as well) had metal doors with just a plastic and cardboard door card in the middle. You learned as a little kid (long before you started driving) not to put your bare arm on a window sill that had been baking in the sun - you did it once, that was all it took. The metal heats up and cools down along with the interior without any condensation. The photo is of a '77 F-150 (not mine).

77f150.JPG
You reminded me, my Pinto was like that too. Lol.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I paid $120 and $140 for 4 molded rubber mats off Amazon on my F-150 and daughters 4Runner. I think the ones for the wife's MB were $160. Husky , Weathertec and some oddball name for the mercedes but all have been great . $160 for Factory branded mats is not bad but do we still get the carpet mats that come standard with the BL or do they just give you the upgraded mats ? If Ford keeps the standard mats then the rubber mats are actually costing us more than $160. If they don't give the standard carpets mats then I will just buy later from parts counter or aftermarket.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll wait for the BN video for comfirmation. It's all speculation at this point.
Is this a joke thread/post. Do people really worry that in 2020 a vehicle is being made with windows that can't roll down?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this a joke thread/post. Do people really worry that in 2020 a vehicle is being made with windows that can't roll down?
Of course it’s a joke.

@pan-y-cerveza doesn’t have that high of a post / reaction count because they’re that dense.

;)

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course it’s a joke.

@pan-y-cerveza doesn’t have that high of a post / reaction count because they’re that dense.

;)
Okay, I'm still on my first cup of coffee. I needed verification. :unsure: :LOL:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay, I'm still on my first cup of coffee. I needed verification. :unsure: :LOL:
Dead serious. Until we see "BN Ep. 3 - Window Operation" there is no proof they do.

@Southern Girl Don't read this post until you've had at least two cups of coffee.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dead serious. Until we see "BN Ep. 3 - Window Operation" there is no proof they do.

@Southern Girl Don't read this post until you've had at least two cups of coffee.
Okay, I'm making another cup. BTW, I am using a 30 oz yeti tumbler. That is how much coffee I require.
Sponsored