Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

must be a business owner. why would you want to work 5-6 days a week, to escape your shitty house life?
I used to be a plant manager. 40 hour work weeks are pretty standard in the US. My house life is pretty good though thanks.
Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LOL, you are 100% the stereotype for a union worker. Do you have a tattoo of your local on your arm?

Good luck getting a 32 hour work week.

I grew up blue collar and had a few opportunities to join different unions. I easily declined and went to college. I even was a salary supervisor in a couple different industries with union labor. It felt more like babysitting than working.

I would show more support for unions if their work was as good as they think it was.
well for a college edumacated guy your weeding comprehension sucks. i too have a degree that my local paid for, zero debt. where did i say i was UAW? i have said in the posts you quoted where i'm from. i bet you know nothing of the building trades and there are slugs everywhere in all walks of life union and nonunion, i'm not. i've run multi million dollar jobs with many journeymen under me. stay in your southern state of anti union

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No one gets an acceptable wage increase that keeps up with inflation.
Isn’t that the whole idea ?

A fat retirement should not just be a handout either. Personal investments need to be a large portion of that ( like your 401k, roth ira, etc.)
Working 30 to 40 years seems like an investment to me, not a handout.

Pensions are losers for companies, which is why they try to buy them out or freeze and start 401ks.
Pensions are great for companies. Look how many companies raid their pension funds.

Last edited:

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work for arguably one of the best companies in the US and a fortune 500 (top 50, actually) company

Over the last 10 years they've phased out pension
Increased health insurance costs
And annual merit increases are never close to inflation

Not sure why the UAW wants different treatment. Hard to side with them when a lot of their demand, at the surface, appear very unreasonable.

I know public negotiations are always ugly, and both sides will always ask for more than they know they can reasonably get, but the UAW appears out of touch with reality
@BigBlue7 agreed!
I'm in the same boat working for top 50 company, and have seen similar reductions. What bothers me about the looming strike is roughly 150,000 UAW workers are going to hold the rest of the nearly 2 million other auto industry workers hostage until the cash grab is resolved.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would show more support for unions if their work was as good as they think it was.
well go look at the closest high rise and that was union built. i guess skyscrapers and their inner workings, mainly all union are showing shitty craftsman ship. what unions did you turn down to become this wall street fat cat you think you are?

Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BigBlue7 agreed!
I'm in the same boat working for top 50 company, and have seen similar reductions. What bothers me about the looming strike is roughly 150,000 UAW workers are going to hold the rest of the nearly 2 million other auto industry workers hostage until the cash grab is resolved.
it goes farther than that. look at all the work in MI with the big 3 building and revamping many factories. all that will come to a halt, cuz brothers don't cross other brothers picket lines. wait when all 3 companies strike at the same time. it's not a cash grab, they're trying to regain the things they gave up in 08 that was told to them would come back, but never did. so yeah shoot for the stars.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Union leaders remain loyal to the govt, they in turn ship all the jobs off shore and the unions help. The union then tells their members they are fighting for them. The EV market is the next example of this, and people will buy an EV that can't travel more then 250 miles because they all think they are going to die from global warming. It's called a circle jerk.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it goes farther than that. look at all the work in MI with the big 3 building and revamping many factories. all that will come to a halt, cuz brothers don't cross other brothers picket lines. wait when all 3 companies strike at the same time. it's not a cash grab, they're trying to regain the things they gave up in 08 that was told to them would come back, but never did. so yeah shoot for the stars.
gotta disagree here
I don't remember anytime in 08 the big three promised a future 46% raise or promised the return of the medical benefits for retires, shorter work weeks etc.
Unions should not hold an entire sector hostage, its contract time so shoot for the stars and ask for your increases, I am sure some increases are due due to cost of living. Preventing the remainder of the sector (massive majority of the sector)from earning a paycheck is unfair, especially when the demands are outrageous.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So what happens when they force all three manufacturers to permanently leave?

Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they didn't take that away, but they're trying to compensate for what was lost. tier 2 workers need to disappear as they were supposed to be temp and they're still there taking away work from the top tier workers at a reduced scale. corporate is evil and this is why brotherhoods are needed. no unions and most ppl would be working for pennies. our devotion is what brings up the wage, even for the non-union

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what happens when they force all three manufacturers to permanently leave?
lol theres too much invested for them to completely leave. Ford family won't let it happen, look at how they refuse to sell the lions

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

lol theres too much invested for them to completely leave. Ford family won't let it happen, look at how they refuse to sell the lions
I don't think buildings keep a company stuck in a place.

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The more I think about this, the more I think there won't be a strike.
You have a sitting Democrat President that has very poor approval going into an election year. The Unions are in bed with the democratic party. There is no way the puppet masters want anyting to happen to further drive down the current president's approval rating.
Someone will step in and force an agreement that likely screws the average worker but makes Execs and the UAW leadership happy.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you don't like the union, move on. Go slap an American flag on your import and drive away please and thanks.
Sponsored