First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor and 2022 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone take delivery of a 2023 Bronco in November, Dec or Jan with rodent damage? I bought my Raptor Bronco from Brandon Ford in Tampa, drove it home on Dec 20. I keep it in my garage in Orlando, drive it as a second car. Around Jan 20th I noticed a rough idle after bronco had trouble starting, 643 miles on it. When I drove it, it had no power, I was thinking it was the turbo. Took it to Ford dealer in Orlando and they tell me I have rodent damage, rodent chewed at the wires for the fuel rail pressure sensor circuit. Dealer said $1194.47 to repair it. Dealer asked if I keep it outside and if I have seen squirrels or rates. I told the dealer I keep it in my garage and there's no rats in my garage and I would have noticed a squirrel in my garage and that I don't leave my garage open. I asked dealer if he thought it could have happened at the Ford Factory and after he told me the build date was 11/7, he advised to call Ford CS for assistance. I called Ford CS and they had the nerve to ask me if I could prove the rodent damage didn't happen in my garage! I asked them to provide proof it didn't happen at their factory! They denied any responsibility and they commented that they have not had any other vehicles with similar rodent damage during the strike. I find this hard to believe. The strike ended Oct 31, so I'm thinking my Bronco Raptor with hundreds more sat inside or outside the Michigan Factory. I'm not sure of how the assembly works and if they sit waiting on parts, etc. Plus, Ford never ships 2023's to dealers that late in the year unless these were partially built in Sept or Oct. Any advice on escalating this? It sure would be helpful if other Bronco owners have the same issues.

rodent_damage.jpg
Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think it would have run normally if the damage happened at the plant. Rodents can do their damage while you are at work, if you drive it to work. It doesn’t take the little bastards long to do their damage. See it all the time at the dealership where I work.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t think it would have run normally for the first 600 miles, I should have said.

22 Spyder

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon mod (DD),2022 Porsche Spyder(weekend)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would think if this happened at the plant it would have been noticed sooner. I'm feeling this happened recently. just my opinion

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had to have happened recently, especially if it drove fine before. Rodents got to it somewhere, possibly your garage, or when parked somewhere else. Best option is pay the dealer to fix it, IMO.
Sponsored