First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've been noticing from online videos and forum pics some Bronco's are already showing rust on the undercarriage. I've experienced this on both my Raptor's and was wondering if anyone else is concerned with this and if you're doing anything to mitigate it?
Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lots of discussion on forum about this topic, short answer is spray fluid film or equivalent yearly to undercarriage and inside frame and other penetrations

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lots of discussion on forum about this topic, short answer is spray fluid film or equivalent yearly to undercarriage and inside frame and other penetrations
No idea how long it will last, but the interior of the frame comes coated from the factory with some sort of greasy protectant. I pulled a wire through the frame for rear bumper lights and had that stuff all over my hands.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Itā€™s surface rust on raw parts and weā€™ll all be dead before it causes any problems. There are threads on here about undercoating that will make you never consider it unless youā€™re in the rust belt driving on salted winter roads.

OP
OP
Montducati

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Itā€™s surface rust on raw parts and weā€™ll all be dead before it causes any problems. There are threads on here about undercoating that will make you never consider it unless youā€™re in the rust belt driving on salted winter roads.
I am in the rust belt and one of the main reasons Iā€™m getting the Bronco is to drive it in the winter. My fair weather car is a GT-350. I guess Iā€™ll research some do it yourself sprays.
It may be just surface rust but it looks like shart, especially on a new vehicle!

Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored
OP
OP
Montducati

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've had the same concern, I don't think there's a good answer. park it for the winter.....
Ha, yeah not an option. Also, I donā€™t look at the Bronco as a weekend, fair weather vehicle. To me it is just the opposite.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I donā€™t look at the Bronco as a weekend, fair weather vehicle.
Luckily, that is exactly what mine is. It gets driven one day on the weekend, sometimes both days. Unluckily, I have no garage space for it, so I actually park it out in the middle of the side yard away from trees. Lol!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yep, I posted a great option for a DIY product which is what Germanic OEM's use (although in industrial applicators and you'll have rattle can) a few times in the many threads that have come up on this very subject.

A good topic worthy of a search, as @MNbronco Said earlier.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fluid Film.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the rust belt and one of the main reasons Iā€™m getting the Bronco is to drive it in the winter. My fair weather car is a GT-350. I guess Iā€™ll research some do it yourself sprays.
It may be just surface rust but it looks like shart, especially on a new vehicle!
https://keeprustaway.com/

cb123

Big Bend
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I live in salted road state and just had the undercarriage coated with boss wax. Little pricey but like the feeling of never have to worry about major rust, comes with lifetime warranty.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fluid Film or Blaster Surface Shield. FWIW, I did the underside of my Bronco with a couple cans of what many of the professional body shops use - 3M Cavity Wax Itā€™s a more expensive version that might last longer. Full disclosure, Iā€™m biased as I spent the last two plus decades of my career in sales at 3M calling on the collision industry. YouTube has plenty of videos discussing all three of these products and how to apply them.

Ford Bronco Undercarriage protection? 8601EB5B-4972-4A70-85CF-03AB72D5695D

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been noticing from online videos and forum pics some Bronco's are already showing rust on the undercarriage. I've experienced this on both my Raptor's and was wondering if anyone else is concerned with this and if you're doing anything to mitigate it?
Lots of threads about this. Search around.
Sponsored