Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Project Farm tested used motor oil and it pretty much didn't do anything.

http://www.coolspringpowermuseum.org/

^ Dad also collected one lung and hit n miss engines. The old timers would swear by used motor oil/tranny fluid method. I grew up around this so you could say I have oil in my veins, literally.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NachoMama

First Name
TIm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All I've ever done for my undercarriages is go through a touchless car wash that has an underbody sprayer (mostly in the winter) and since I live in a winter road salt area, I power wash the undercarriage (along with the whole vehicle and under the hood) with Salt-Away salt remover. Yes, things will get a little rusty but, never had any major problems.

If you live in an area that uses road salt you've gotta get that off at the end of winter/early spring once some rain storms have washed away all the leftover road salt on the roads. If not, the leftover salt on your vehicle will be fed by summer humidity.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lots of salt here in Buffalo. I used Carwell on a new 300c in '06 and a Corolla in '07. I had them both 10 years and there was almost zero rust anywhere. They had less rust than I've seen on a lot of these new Broncos. I lease most of my cars so I don't bother with oiling them. Some cars left a trail of rust as I backed out of the driveway within 3 years.

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lots of salt here in Buffalo. I used Carwell on a new 300c in '06 and a Corolla in '07. I had them both 10 years and there was almost zero rust anywhere. They had less rust than I've seen on a lot of these new Broncos. I lease most of my cars so I don't bother with oiling them. Some cars left a trail of rust as I backed out of the driveway within 3 years.
The F250 left a permanent rust stain ring on my garage floor to remind me where it once parked.
Sponsored