Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just had a Krown undercoat applied and one of the things that I was told was not to do a high pressure undercarriage wash because it would wash off the protective film. I live in the northeast and normally wash my vehicle pretty often in the winter to remove salt. Has anyone else had Krown applied and are you avoiding the undercarriage wash?
Sponsored

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think that decent pressure washer should allow you to reduce the pressure to a safe level.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don’t use a pressure washer to wash the undercarriage then?

Can still hose it off - just not with 3000psi

Of all the pressure washers I’ve owned - you can change the nozzles but that’s the only way to “adjust” the working pressure.

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did mine with PB surface shield. Haven't washed the undercarriage since and it still looks pristine after 1 1/2 winters.

OP
OP
MaxBadland

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I should clarify, I typically go to an automated car wash not my own pressure washer. If that’s the solution, that’s fine. I was just curious if folks who use Krown (or similar) were ignoring that warning about undercarriage washing or were actually going through the whole winter relying on the Krown undercoat and not doing any undercarriage wash at all.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live in Buffalo, NY and we have had Krown applied every yr for several yrs now. We traded one of the trucks in for the Bronco last September. Both trucks were/are completely rust free...they're both 2018s...so about 5 yrs now. I never washed either of the two trucks during the winters. Sometimes there was so much salt on my black trucks that they looked white...lol. Plus, the more you wash them, the more you scratch the shit out of them.

Anyway, for my Bronco, i decided to take care of that one myself. I used Woolwax and it's thicker than Krown or Fluid Flim. I'm very happy with it.đź‘Ť
Sponsored