Sponsored

Update: Found source of wind whistle at 45mph and above!

Sodbuster88

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Lariat, 2023 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing how you figured this out! Let us know how the dealer repairs this.
Sponsored

DetroitChris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I contacted a local Ford dealership, Suburban Ford of Troy, MI, to have this problem fixed. I was told they can pick up my Bronco but they have no idea how long they will need to keep it or when they can diagnose the problem. They also said they don't have any loaner cars available. I asked when they will have loaners available so I can wait until then since my Bronco is my only form of transportation. The guy asked me what insurance I have and I told him Progressive. He said that no Ford dealership will give me a loaner since I have Progressive insurance. This sounds completely crazy to me.

I spent over $60,000 on this Bronco and have less than 1,700 miles on it. I have the terrible high pitched whistle noise coming from the front and another crazy noise coming from the back that sounds like I have 10 cases of bottled water that are all rubbing against each other. Not something you expect when you spend this much money on a brand new car.

After my first post on this message board saying that I was also experiencing the whistle noise, someone from a Ford Corporate account reached out saying they would make a report and make sure everything is handled to get my Bronco problems corrected. The Ford Corporate account was very quick to reply back and forth several times to get all my information. After speaking to the Ford Dealership today, I tried to contact the Ford Account on this message board again to let them know what was happing and they have not responded at all.

The high pitched whistle noise that many people seem to be having is making my Bronco unbearable to drive. It seems these trucks are having way too many issues and the Ford dealers aren't very helpful to getting these things resolved unless you are willing to give up your Bronco for an unspecified amount of time without a loaner to use while they have it.

For $60,000 I definitely expected something better than what I got. At this point, I wish I would have done more research and chose something other than a Ford.

sda3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He said that no Ford dealership will give me a loaner since I have Progressive insurance. This sounds completely crazy to me.
Mine did, a few weeks ago. Wasn't an issue. From your other comments it sounds like its time to find another dealer.

DetroitChris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine did, a few weeks ago. Wasn't an issue. From your other comments it sounds like its time to find another dealer.
I wish my local dealerships were as customer service oriented as they are in your area. Suburban Ford of Troy is owned by Suburban Auto Group here in Michigan. They own 5 local Ford Dealerships and around 30 other Non-Ford dealerships here in the Metro Detroit area.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
with the amount of time these broncos are sitting on in a dealer que for repair, have y'all thought just filing a lemon suit? if Ford has to buy back a ton of their products maybe that will force change. State laws vary but sounds like a lot of the complaints could be an easy case.

Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
glad you found the source. I was going to ask if you have friends that are A holes like I do that would put a kazoo or harmonica under the hood😉

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I contacted a local Ford dealership, Suburban Ford of Troy, MI, to have this problem fixed. I was told they can pick up my Bronco but they have no idea how long they will need to keep it or when they can diagnose the problem. They also said they don't have any loaner cars available. I asked when they will have loaners available so I can wait until then since my Bronco is my only form of transportation. The guy asked me what insurance I have and I told him Progressive. He said that no Ford dealership will give me a loaner since I have Progressive insurance. This sounds completely crazy to me.

I spent over $60,000 on this Bronco and have less than 1,700 miles on it. I have the terrible high pitched whistle noise coming from the front and another crazy noise coming from the back that sounds like I have 10 cases of bottled water that are all rubbing against each other. Not something you expect when you spend this much money on a brand new car.

After my first post on this message board saying that I was also experiencing the whistle noise, someone from a Ford Corporate account reached out saying they would make a report and make sure everything is handled to get my Bronco problems corrected. The Ford Corporate account was very quick to reply back and forth several times to get all my information. After speaking to the Ford Dealership today, I tried to contact the Ford Account on this message board again to let them know what was happing and they have not responded at all.

The high pitched whistle noise that many people seem to be having is making my Bronco unbearable to drive. It seems these trucks are having way too many issues and the Ford dealers aren't very helpful to getting these things resolved unless you are willing to give up your Bronco for an unspecified amount of time without a loaner to use while they have it.

For $60,000 I definitely expected something better than what I got. At this point, I wish I would have done more research and chose something other than a Ford.
Don't feel bad... I bought a new 2023 F350 one ton ( sent more than 60K for sure) and they can't fix the DEF gauge to read full when the tank is full... just shows 91% full...

DetroitChris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't feel bad... I bought a new 2023 F350 one ton ( sent more than 60K for sure) and they can't fix the DEF gauge to read full when the tank is full... just shows 91% full...
It’s becoming very clear that Ford couldn’t care less when it comes to quality and customer satisfaction! It seems like their dealer service departments are poorly trained on how to service their vehicles.

DetroitChris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

with the amount of time these broncos are sitting on in a dealer que for repair, have y'all thought just filing a lemon suit? if Ford has to buy back a ton of their products maybe that will force change. State laws vary but sounds like a lot of the complaints could be an easy case.
Whoever the head of the Bronco team is should definitely not be in that role. It’s time for Ford to wake up and make some leadership changes at the top of the Bronco division.

The entire Bronco launch, the parts shortages, the quality issues, the build delays, the amount of time they are sitting on dealer lots waiting to be serviced and the lack of loaner cars for people who paid a lot of money and can’t use their brand new vehicles is far more than Ford should consider to be acceptable.

Ford can’t seem to get their hands on amps and subwoofers and they are shipping all the Broncos without them while every other manufacturer doesn’t seem to be affected. I can go online and find plenty of amps and subwoofers that fit the Bronco from reputable companies that I can buy for immediate delivery, but Ford can’t?

I hope anyone that’s still on the fence whether to buy one or not is paying close attention to all these problems that aren’t being addressed.

Ford - Are you listening?? Wake up and handle your business already!

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I found the source of the wind whistle. It took a while as I started out taping things off a little at a time. However, I finally found the source!! It is coming through the vent in the cowl between the hood and the windshield. I was getting really discouraged and this was the last part I taped. I am thrilled to have found the source and hope it will be an easy fix at the dealership.
ED0F7595-A8AA-4BF3-BF76-196B7F9A1789.jpeg
Hope they fix you up quick! Get some black tape in the mean time and leave it covered.

Sponsored

doo4sno

Wildtrak
First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 f350 crew lariet diesel, 23 badlands 2 dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bring it to Ford. I was a Ford service manager for 10 years in the metro detroit area, your in the best area in the country to get this fixed,

snownow

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same issue, tape isolated to the same area. Seems several of us from the same build week have this issue.
Ford Bronco Update: Found source of wind whistle at 45mph and above! 1688683052188

DetroitChris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same issue, tape isolated to the same area. Seems several of us from the same build week have this issue.
Ford Bronco Update: Found source of wind whistle at 45mph and above! 1688683052188
Good luck getting it fixed. Mine is still doing it. Ford dealers are too busy to look at it and unwilling to provide loaner cars. And Ford customer service is completely worthless. Ford needs to start supplying loaner Broncos to their dealers since soo many Broncos have issues that need to be addressed. Once again... Ford customer service is completely worthless.

snownow

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck getting it fixed. Mine is still doing it. Ford dealers are too busy to look at it and unwilling to provide loaner cars. And Ford customer service is completely worthless. Ford needs to start supplying loaner Broncos to their dealers since soo many Broncos have issues that need to be addressed. Once again... Ford customer service is completely worthless.
We will see. Seems like we did all the leg work for them. Going in with my case number from Ford, The technical service bulletin from Rustysbronco telling them how to fix it, and pictures from me testing it. The loaner issue is normally not a problem at the Ford dealer i go to. Little disappointed they found this was a known issue but they are still releasing them this way.

Plus it seems mine got delivered even with the seatbelt re-call. Going to see if they can fix that at the same time.

Going in early next week, and will post the results of my visit.

DetroitChris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We will see. Seems like we did all the leg work for them. Going in with my case number from Ford, The technical service bulletin from Rustysbronco telling them how to fix it, and pictures from me testing it. The loaner issue is normally not a problem at the Ford dealer i go to. Little disappointed they found this was a known issue but they are still releasing them this way.

Plus it seems mine got delivered even with the seatbelt re-call. Going to see if they can fix that at the same time.

Going in early next week, and will post the results of my visit.
The only Ford dealer I could find that would even take the time to talk about the problem without me leaving my Bronco with them for an unspecified amount of time without a loaner looked up the TSB mentioned by Rustysbronco and said it does not apply to my VIN or the 2023 models.
Sponsored