Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine does it when the heater kicks on. Driver side rear window.

So I know it's only when the heater is blowing on med/high and it's the window seal since it stops when I put the window down and starts right back up again when the window goes all the way up.

I'll talk to my dealer about it next time I take it in, but it doesn't bother me a ton. Other than when the heater comes on, my hardtop is pretty quiet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EVH1994

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check your window alignment. Mine were way out of spec and would get whistling with certain AC settings.
Did you end up adjusting your windows so that they were in spec? If so, did that stop the whistling?

I saw a thread from a guy that adjusted his windows to be in spec, and it helped the window not to be caught on the seal when opening the door. I'm planning on doing that this summer to help that issue, so it would be nice if it also fixed the window whistling.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same exact issue. Whistling when it's really cold outside near the driver-side mid panel. I notice it more when there is a good cross wind. So annoying!
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have the whistle in the cold when I get above 30mph the kids say it sounds like a bunch of birds are on the roof.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I also have the whistle in the cold when I get above 30mph the kids say it sounds like a bunch of birds are on the roof.
Haha, I can hear that when I think about it.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine does it to! Also in CO..but I’ve noticed anything below 32 degrees it whistles. The colder the louder! Even if I open the window it’s still there so I think it’s actually coming from the top not sealing correctly and not the window. Right above the roll bar area above passenger window.

This is unacceptable!!! Wow. I mean alittle noise, I can understand. But what you recorded is like someone is yelling in your face.

Pepperenavich

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same exact issue. Whistling when it's really cold outside near the driver-side mid panel. I notice it more when there is a good cross wind. So annoying!
I had the same exact issue driving back from Angel Fire to Central Texas. Really cold in the mountains and it was very windy. Didn't really stop until we got passed Lubbock due to all the wind. The creaking and popping are more annoying to me, everything I do only fixes it short term.

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update time. I’ve had the seal replaced and now just got it back after the dealer replaced the window regulator… still has the whistle

smh I’m loosing patience with these technicians saying it’s fixed when it’s clearly still just as prominent.

Kfmathern

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Earlier this evening I was driving on the highway (75mph) and my passenger window started whistling pretty loud. Has anyone ever had this happen? It seems to be coming from the top corner of the window where it meets the roof / B-pillar.

For reference, it was 1 degree outside when it happened, and the only other time it happened it was cold outside as well. What’s weird is it seemed to be much louder when I had the heater on, and would calm down a bit when I turned the heater off. See below for a video.
I have a 22 badlands 4 door and it does the same thing front passenger and rear driver are the worst

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My passenger whistles the most - above 35 mph. Sometimes my drivers side whistles. I’ve noticed it’s particularly bad in crosswinds. I sure would like to find a fix for this.
I mentioned this to the dealership when I took it in for an oil change and they brushed it off
Does replacing the weatherstrip cure it? Changing the window alignment?
21 badlands, hardtop, 4-door, SAS, Lux, 2.7

Sponsored

Kfmathern

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My passenger whistles the most - above 35 mph. Sometimes my drivers side whistles. I’ve noticed it’s particularly bad in crosswinds. I sure would like to find a fix for this.
I mentioned this to the dealership when I took it in for an oil change and they brushed it off
Does replacing the weatherstrip cure it? Changing the window alignment?
21 badlands, hardtop, 4-door, SAS, Lux, 2.7
I get the same thing from my dealer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bad whistle when it’s cold and it’s only getting worse. I can’t seem to find the culprit.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having the same thing with my 23. Middle panel rear passenger. I can actually feel the warm air coming out between the weather stripping on the hard top on the frame

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bad whistle when it’s cold and it’s only getting worse. I can’t seem to find the culprit.
It's the hard top. For people saying it goes away when you open the window. That's because youre depressurizing the cabin and the warm air isn't being pushed out of a hard top seam

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend, 22 Volvo xc60
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same. Driving above 45 And the whistle seems like is drivers side front windshield area. When cabin is depressurized with window down it stops. Is there a fix?
Sponsored