Sponsored

UPDATED #3: My first mechanical issue! Led me to driving a 2dr BL.

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was driving on the turnpike today and all of the sudden my chimes, brake light, and notification screen popped up saying "Check Break System" while driving at 76 mph. I started to slow down then pulled off to the shoulder. I shut off the car completely for a couple of minutes then restarted it. Still the notification and chimes, lights came back on. So I headed straight to my dealer and dropped it off. As I was driving it there I noticed burning break pad smells and sluggish drive. Has anyone else experience this issue yet?? Hopefully they can sort out this problem.

Fortunately they had another Bronco for a loaner car, a 2dr Badlands in Cyber Orange. It has been interesting driving it and glad I built mine the way I did.
If you are on the fence, definitely test drive both, for they have totally different feel to them.

UPDATE:
After the mechanic looked at it today and no signs of issues (should have known), he contacted Ford and they said to replace the brake boosters and vacuum pump and deemed it un-driveable till the parts are replaced. Trying to order parts now but of course they are on back order. Parts department are trying to get a rush on it. We will see how long it actually takes. 🥺

UPDATE #2: After several contacts to Ford, they are saying the part should be there after December 18th, but they aren't 100% sure. It's already been 15 days of my car sitting at the shop, so it'll be there for another month, don't know how long I can take this. 😡😡

Update #3: it has been a month as of yesterday and still no luck, however my issue was just posted as a SSM to all ford dealers, so I guess I'm not the only one with this issue. I was able to change my 2 dr badlands loaner car to a 4 dr Big Bend (how great it is to have a 4 door back). The one glimmer of hope is that one if the service advisor contacted Ford about compensation for the issue, and have agreed to pay my lease for the time of not having my car, at this point it'll be the end if December, so 2 months, but I'll have to submit the claim after I get my car back. I have attached a few more pics of my baby sitting in the lot. 😭😭
Ford Bronco UPDATED #3: My first mechanical issue! Led me to driving a 2dr BL. 20211020_065328

Ford Bronco UPDATED #3: My first mechanical issue! Led me to driving a 2dr BL. 20211030_202828

20211130_121552.jpg

20211130_121554.jpg

20211130_121558.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did you get your Bronco?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Leave it to Ford to build in a break system.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
September 23rd. Has 2166 miles on it.
Wait, you have the 2.3.. nevermind. You're right in the time frame for the defective 2.7s that are dropping valves, but that clearly can't be the case.

I'm stumped. Another anomalous failure.

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sluggish drive is an unannounced exciting new “feature”.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s cyber orange. Come on be better.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you think of the B pillar placement? I hated it on the 4dr and expect the 2dr to solve that but I still haven't sat in one.

OP
OP
Jgalvan79

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you think of the B pillar placement? I hated it on the 4dr and expect the 2dr to solve that but I still haven't sat in one.
I don't mind it at all, it's one of the things that I notice. I do find more blind spots on the 2 door though.

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have several posts about this (I am 6'5"). I ordered a 2-door for exactly this reason. I posted pics when I sat in both at a dealer last month. I will see if I can find the post. The pictures with the doors open show the problem for us tall folks.

EDIT: Here is the post
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...021-bronco-4-door-with-pics.14833/post-897357

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
Jgalvan79

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have several posts about this (I am 6'5"). I ordered a 2-door for exactly this reason. I posted pics when I sat in both at a dealer last month. I will see if I can find the post. The pictures with the doors open show the problem for us tall folks.
It is easier to get in to the 2 door I admit.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

New brake pads will smell, had some stink on mine after bringing it home. Normal.
Sponsored