Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

She even sounded like she genuinely meant it when she ended the phone call with "And truly, thank you, for being a loyal Ford customer."
I called to check on my bronco's status (currently stuck in production). She told me it was produced and waiting for inspection (sounds like QC). She seemed to be honest with me and said the 2/7 estimated delivery probably won't happen and told me to prepare myself that it might not be until March.
Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I called to check on my bronco's status (currently stuck in production). She told me it was produced and waiting for inspection (sounds like QC). She seemed to be honest with me and said the 2/7 estimated delivery probably won't happen and told me to prepare myself that it might not be until March.
you are closer than I am and most of the B6G forum

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you are closer than I am and most of the B6G forum
While I've been complaining in my build week's thread, that post wasn't to complain. It was to show Karen appears to be honest and knowledgeable.

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I have two orders in the queue... a Big Bend for my son and Badlands for myself. Called this morning to verify the orders are correctly in the system with Ford; since they are just a month old. When the phone picked up I heard a lady yelling at her kids! At first, I thought I dialed wrong but the automated from the beginning of the call was Ford. Once she got on the line she had no info for me other than to say I see your order codes in the system. I guess we all cant get Karen! Glad to hear about the MIC tops. I'm ready for the wait...but some information would be nice too.

Sponsored

DreamFolise

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep Scrambler, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it still bewilders me that the tow package is somehow a constraint.
Me too and I couldn’t believe I remove the tow O’Flaherty and the following week I get a build date, makes no sense but that Ford right about now.

colobronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, they are building 4,500/week. If mic top is produced 7 days, that's only 2,100. I thought 90% of orders were hard top. That's not quite enough to meet demand.

tym2teeup

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After following recent threads, today I called my dealer and removed the front bumper and tow options. Hoping, this will get me a build date soon. Time will tell.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am going to call this number until I can talk to Karen and maybe she can shed some light as to why my 9pm 7/13 res still hasn't been scheduled.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there appears to be a chip somewhere in the part for the 7pin connector (with break controls) that seems to be the unobtanium right now. If you don't need the 7pin go with aftermarket, cheaper too. Many will only use the hitch to add a bike rack or cargo system, no wiring needed for that at all and you can install the hitch yourself easily.

I might need the 7 pin and from all I read here it's not easy and expensive to add later, so left it on. Nicely integrated.

OP
OP
utah.bronco.badlands

utah.bronco.badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, they are building 4,500/week. If mic top is produced 7 days, that's only 2,100. I thought 90% of orders were hard top. That's not quite enough to meet demand.
Wow, that's a lot. I thought they were still hovering around 10,000 a month or 2,500 a week. That's expected/hoped to go up, but to date do we have any empirical evidence that it already has?

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Right!?? My dealer said (🍻) tow packages are a dime a dozen, super easy for dealerships to get. But are showing as a restraint at MAP 🤷🏻‍♂️

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got off the phone with Ford support (800-392-3673). It was a lengthy phone call with a friendly support person but these things were of note:

1. She said the recommendation to switch to a soft top to get your Bronco sooner is no longer true. Soft top orders are not being prioritized over hard top orders anymore as MIC production is now meeting demand for how many Broncos can be produced in a day. She said if you previously switched to a soft top to jump the line but are still not scheduled, you have been placed back in line where you would have been originally, regardless of soft or hard top.

2. She said the hard top supplier is now making about 300 MIC tops a day. Those are showing up at the factory and being installed on the Broncos that need them.

I'd love for someone else to confirm this information - she seemed to really know what she was talking about, and it's better than "my dealer said", but still.
Is the MIC top thing real? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored