Sponsored

Value of Base Sasquatch Package vs Aftermarket Equivalent?

ApolloU

Base
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Long story short, my dealer screwed up my order and I did not get the Sasquatch Package I asked for (three times) on my Base 2-door automatic. Sasquatch would have been a $5000 upgrade. So, in theory, what do you think it would cost to upgrade a Base NonSquatch to a Sasquatch level of functionality using aftermarket parts + labor? What is the actual value of the Sasquatch Package compared to aftermarket equivalents?

I've searched around the forums and found lots of info, but couldn't find a simple answer to this question. I know the Sasquatch Package is a great value, so please don't beat me over the head. I'm just curious about how much value I missed out on.....I'm not really trying to attempt this type of upgrade other than maybe suspension and tires (already).

I figure someone's already done this, so any ideas out there? Ballpark numbers are fine. Also keep in mind there would be some meager resale value to recoup in the take-offs if someone did this.

Sasquatch on Base gets you:
  • 35” Tires/Wheels
  • Locking Front & Rear Diffs
  • 4.7 Gearing
  • HOSS 2.0 w/Bilstein Dampeners
  • Fender Flares
  • Advanced 4WD
  • Cool Sasquatch sticker
  • Warranty
And if there is already a forum out there that answers this, please let m know. Thanks!

IMG_20220812_174611193.jpg
Sponsored

MAJOP

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good looking Bronco!

I got the Sasquatch because I wanted/needed the 35" tires, lift, and lockers for rock crawling. AND.. it is enough for me. It would have cost me closer to $8-$10k to install gears, lift, lockers, wheels, tires - bonus is the warranty from Ford. No brainer for me and worth $10k to me. Also, how long would it take to get the parts and get them installed.

If you don't need or won't use all that stuff - it's worth nothing.

If you want to go bigger - 37" tires +, different lift, suspension - not worth it either. Don't spend $5k to just spend more.

YMMV :)

OP
OP
ApolloU

ApolloU

Base
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good looking Bronco!

I got the Sasquatch because I wanted/needed the 35" tires, lift, and lockers for rock crawling. AND.. it is enough for me. It would have cost me closer to $8-$10k to install gears, lift, lockers, wheels, tires - bonus is the warranty from Ford. No brainer for me and worth $10k to me. Also, how long would it take to get the parts and get them installed.

If you don't need or won't use all that stuff - it's worth nothing.

If you want to go bigger - 37" tires +, different lift, suspension - not worth it either. Don't spend $5k to just spend more.

YMMV :)
Thanks! I agree Sasquatch is a no brainer. I wanted it, but my order got messed up by the dealer. I don't actually plan to try to do this. My question is more about how much value I missed out on by not getting the Sasquatch package....or, to put it another way, how much it would cost to replicate the Sasquatch Package on a Base. Seems like there are a lot of guesstimates, but no real definitive answers. Your $8-$10k sounds reasonable. I'm curious how that would break down per component and just wondering if anyone has sat down and really figured it out.
Sponsored