Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh, yeah, you'll be using those rock rails a lot. Definitely need the 35s to do some of those sections. They were great at spotting you through, and if you followed their directions you made it through without much drama, some weren't as good following the spotters so there were some interesting positions for some.

I will tell them ahead of time to not bother spotting me, we'll see how it goes. After doing this for 30+ years, we do two things. We don't spot unless someone asks for it, and when I do spot, I don't do the hand signals thing. I walk the line and show/point to where I want the driver to go, then stand back and let them do it. That's how folks learn. If you guide them every inch of the way not much is learned. Gotta learn to see it and feel it. Plus, when you're out on the trail, there are folks who don't understand and then they start to spot someone not knowing what they are doing, and the driver doesn't know that the person who's trying to spot them doesn't know what they're doing.

I had that happen to me many years ago, someone spotted me right into rolling my Jeep. I was in a tippy spot and was going to get out and look, but the guy standing right in front of me said to straighten up and pull forward a foot. I figured he could see what I couldn't see so I did it, and immediately rolled. Caved in the roof and door of my Jeep pretty good. I then found out this was the kids first time ever doing this and he was riding with a friend. He was mortified. We ended up becoming very good friends, but I don't take a spot, if I ask for it, from anyone except someone I know and trust.

However, I understand the context of what they're doing here, and I think it's pretty cool. Looking forward to it.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for posting @FinsUp . I can't wait to go. I'll be there the weekend before Thanksgiving. Spending Thanksgiving with our Daughter in Pahrump. And of course we'll be going to...Vegas! My Son, Grandson and I will be going to the Off-Roadeo. Costing me a Grand before the deposit refunds, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Looks like there's some decent hills and rock crawling on those trails? Sounds like you were looking for more of a Baja type experience? Minus the lack of high speed trails, how would you rate the hill climbs and rock crawling?
Worth it Chief? You are darn right it will be! Nothing better than mixing broncos and family! I received a communication earlier this month from ford with my VIN and a scheduled build time frame of the week of August 30th, but we will see. Nevada is the closest OR venue for me too so whichever one of us gets there first, post some photos and comments! No bad broncos-no bad days!

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worth it Chief? You are darn right it will be! Nothing better than mixing broncos and family! I received a communication earlier this month from ford with my VIN and a scheduled build time frame of the week of August 30th, but we will see. Nevada is the closest OR venue for me too so whichever one of us gets there first, post some photos and comments! No bad broncos-no bad days!
You got it
You got it Brother! I'll post my comments and some pics on this thread. Maybe even a Vid or two? 🤔 👍 😎 Any day wheel'n a Bronco, is a good day!

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope, all 2.7 auto.
That’s a shame. I’d really like to get some driving experience with the standard, and all the same specs as my model; Not some Terminator grade technology 4door auto. Ha! I kid. This is going to be a blast either way.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just signed up for 6/17/22.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went on 6/3/22 it was great ,had a small group ,the instructors did a great job of teaching us how to use the Bronco and they feed us some great tasting food I think I am going sigh up again next year.If you thinking about going to the Vegas one you might not want to pick a day in the summer because it well be hot .
Sponsored