Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't the insurance cover if you do something dumb? I'm hoping there is enough opportunity for dumb things. :giggle:

I'm assuming there are plenty of possible/optional lines if we're driving around all afternoon. In the pics and video I haven't seen anything I wouldn't/haven't done in my unlocked 30" tires XJ. I'm mostly there to really check out the Broncos, to finalize my choices when ordering. Hoping to be able to have some fun in the Bronco as well.

I think it is really cool what they are doing. It's great to expose more people to the fun and techniques of exploring off road. Valuable and fun to see how the features of the Bronco work. However, and ton of us are coming from already owning Jeeps and already doing pretty extreme off road stuff. Heck, I'm attending while driving through Vegas on my way to Sand Hollow with my single seat rear steer rock buggy. I'm wondering what the Off Roadeo experience will be like if we already have off road experience?
The best part for me was seeing it for the first time and finalizing choices. If you off-road you won’t learn anything new about driving, but lots about capability of the bronco. There are not a lot of choices, you are in a convoy only as fast as your slowest denominator and the tricky parts are all spotted by guides. No opportunity to be too dumb.
Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
one guy blew out a side wall and another scraped a tree scratching bumper and a little gouge on fender flare. Neither were charged. I think as long as you have insurance and don’t do something too dumb you will be fine.
Yeah, I had that one with bumper/flare crack on Sunday. They didn't mention anyone losing a sidewall though. Not surprised, there was a lot of sharp rocks to contend with. Actually surprised more tire damage didn't happen. Ours was still aired up to about 41psi, rode nice off-road even at that pressure.

They were mostly concerned with body damage, scratches, dents etc. They weren't too concerned about the bumpers and flares.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, all 2.7 auto.
I just got my invite and was going to ask the same question so thanks for the answer. Not interested in going if there's no manuals.

Last edited:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The best part for me was seeing it for the first time and finalizing choices. If you off-road you won’t learn anything new about driving, but lots about capability of the bronco. There are not a lot of choices, you are in a convoy only as fast as your slowest denominator and the tricky parts are all spotted by guides. No opportunity to be too dumb.
Thanks for the feedback. That's what I was kind of afraid of. But, they are just getting started with this program, guess we'll see how it and they develop. I'm sure I'll be pushing it, have to see if they slap my hand, or what instructions and expectations they give. I saw video of them spotting, and pics, and there is nothing to spot, just drive through. But, when you haven't done this before it looks totally different, and it's understandable. And, I'm sure the pics haven't shown all the places on the trails. I'm really looking forward to it, should be fun and really want to check out the Broncos.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went yesterday. The Bronco exceeded all expectations. 90% of their units are 4-door badlands with Sasquatch and it is an off-road beast. The biggest leap is the steering. I’ve had many wranglers and there is simply no comparison, Ford hit it out of the park. The facility is beautiful and at 6,000 was relatively cool with a constant breeze. It is a former Boy Scout camp and our lead instructor Warren actually built all the trails. No chance to go fast, but wheels frequently up in the air. The introduction was awesome, and now I will sit and hit refresh until my 8/30 production date delivers. I would also recommend immediately switching to badlands squatch, I actually now prefer the soft top to the hard top.
89F7D62F-BC7E-45CE-8203-8C1D6C2F7F3B.jpeg

E344C9E7-6FAD-49EC-AEF0-B3D70B43AA4F.jpeg

A790A6FC-D9AB-4074-9CE6-77181867C1B9.jpeg

6616DF22-7138-4EED-8E47-9A1BB1F589B1.jpeg

7C030C4A-BBD7-4A48-9C77-0CD83AE60AD8.jpeg

ED39556E-CE5B-4A30-AA8F-D01B52A648DD.jpeg

PNG image 2.png
What happened that made you prefer the soft top now to the hard top?

Sponsored
OP
OP
FinsUp

FinsUp

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What happened that made you prefer the soft top now to the hard top?
it is easier to open up and thus more likely I will open it up. It is also well built, and I thought looked sharper (I’m going white, so I liked the black contrast). Spoke with several folks who had driven on highway and all said it wasn’t bad there either. I’m not 100% and still have an order that will be a 2022 so I have some time to play with it, but overall, I thought it was well done, will be more functional for me and looked much nicer than the gray mic.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

17 days to go and I am buying the extra car rental insurance 🤪

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I scratched the crap out of the rockrails, another guy popped a tire and scratched up the rims - they did not care - the are only concerned with major body damage - and that's hard to do, they guide you through all the tricky stuff - you would have to be negligent to cause it.

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
ProTip: at the Vegas one, look for the Antimatter Blue one - unlike the Badlands and Wildetracks, this one is an OBX with the 360 and front camera. make sure to snag that one for the day.

OP
OP
FinsUp

FinsUp

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ProTip: at the Vegas one, look for the Antimatter Blue one - unlike the Badlands and Wildetracks, this one is an OBX with the 360 and front camera. make sure to snag that one for the day.
Except it doesn’t have sway bar disconnect, so…..

Sponsored

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Except it doesn’t have sway bar disconnect, so…..
not needed - as technical as the course is, the Wildetracks and OBX did just fine on it.
The OB at the Off-Roadeo don’t have rock rails. You’re going to want those. I couldn’t believe they had Broncos out there without them.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I scratched the crap out of the rockrails, another guy popped a tire and scratched up the rims - they did not care - the are only concerned with major body damage - and that's hard to do, they guide you through all the tricky stuff - you would have to be negligent to cause it.

Well, if you're rubbing against the rock rails that sounds like the possibility of more fun. To do body damage it seems like you'd have to run into a tree or roll the thing.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, if you're rubbing against the rock rails that sounds like the possibility of more fun. To do body damage it seems like you'd have to run into a tree or roll the thing.
Oh, yeah, you'll be using those rock rails a lot. Definitely need the 35s to do some of those sections. They were great at spotting you through, and if you followed their directions you made it through without much drama, some weren't as good following the spotters so there were some interesting positions for some.
Sponsored