Agar426

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Rubicon, '85 Bronco, '74 CJ-6, '85 CJ-7,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On my older Bronco, I'm wanting to ship it to a shop that works on a lot of Broncos, so I got online and did a quick search. I entered my info into a web site that searches for the "best deal" on shipping, and I have had quotes from no less than 15 businesses flooding my email, texts, etc., with prices from $250 to $500. I then searched for the most reputable company, and their quote was $750. With such a huge disparity in prices, I am now scared that I could easily be handing my vehicle off to a car thief, or to an awesome company who will treat it as their own until it arrives at its destination.

Does anyone have any experience shipping cars, or any recommendations?
Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you shipping your car across the street, for $250 that seems crazy cheap! I had mine shipped from Michigan to California for $1,550 with Roadrunner Auto Transport. My car arrived on time and without any scratches or issues. I too saw prices all over the place from $1,300 to $26,000 (maybe they wrap it in gold leafed bubble wrap for that price).

https://www.roadrunnerautotransport.com/

OP
OP

Agar426

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Rubicon, '85 Bronco, '74 CJ-6, '85 CJ-7,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you shipping your car across the street, for $250 that seems crazy cheap! I had mine shipped from Michigan to California for $1,550 with Roadrunner Auto Transport. My car arrived on time and without any scratches or issues. I too saw prices all over the place from $1,300 to $26,000 (maybe they wrap it in gold leafed bubble wrap for that price).

https://www.roadrunnerautotransport.com/
From New Mexico to Ft. Worth....about 10 hours. Roadrunner quoted my $795. I agree, to me everything $500 and under seems sketchy, too good to be true kind of thing.

Flanders621

Badlands
First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, definitely sounds low to me. I shipped a car from California to Texas in 2022 with EasyAutoShip. They took good care of the car and were prompt. But these companies are essentially dispatchers that find independent drivers to transport the car, so experiences can vary. When I was looking for quotes, most of the companies were quoting around $1 a mile for an open trailer.
Sponsored