Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Nick!
The additional width is good but from my friend and fiancée who were in the back, they said they were pretty comfortable. I personally did not get to sit in the back, But I think one of the other forum members in their KOH write up mentioned that they had 6ft+ friends in the back and it wasn't an issue. Overall I'd believe that there is more legroom in the back compared to the Jeep.
Thanks Hetal! and FWIW I'm still chuckling at your "Whale's vagina" reference ;-)
Sponsored

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes very excited! Now that we are done having kids, in two years my youngest will be 4 and rest to experience off-roaring and camping! Can’t wait to discover a Bronco club when everyone gets situated! Where in SD are you?
Haha we are in the beginning stages of planning to have a kid in the coming years. Yea a local bronco club would be awesome. I’m in north park. Between university ave and Morley field

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 90's Bronco was definitely bigger in length and width. The height was about the same. I see this as a plus cause that thing from the 90's was so wide! Here's a comparison car and driver did of the old broncos vs the new ones. Hope this helps!
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33277087/2021-ford-bronco-size-compared-to-old-broncos/
Awesome. We use our 96 for town runs, camping, beach days, dogs, and such so cargo space is what we love about it. As long as the 4door comes close its perfect! Thanks

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. We use our 96 for town runs, camping, beach days, dogs, and such so cargo space is what we love about it. As long as the 4door comes close its perfect! Thanks
Yea the 4door has plenty of space behind the rear seats in my opinion. I’m planning to have our dog ride in the passenger seat till we have a kid then doggo goes in the back. Some others posted a photo of the back area it is impressively large and you can see how 4 doors and the top can be stored in there.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely Norm! I just need to take Delivery! haha since i am picking it up from Granger, I am also looking forward to that drive back and maybe can do little meet ups with fellow Bronco folks on the way back
Road Trip 😀

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 5' 10" and it was easy for me. My Fiancée is 5'4"; I literally just asked her and she didn't notice any difficulties getting in. Although if you are going sasquatch, maybe steps would be good. But from our experience on the Badlands, 33" tires it seemed to be pretty easy. Hope this helps.
Thanks, huge help. I'm 5'9 so our experience would be almost identical to you two. We're both in good shape so no steps for the first 10 years then lol

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi James, I didn't get to sit in the driver seat so I have no idea. However our driver was pretty short I think he may have been around 5'5" and he was shredding so I think it may be ok?
I am 5'5" and 4wheeling in a manual has always been a compromise of being able to press the pedals vs seeing over the hood.
I've always felt that in a front accident the steering wheel air bag is gonna eject me out the back window.

Great writeup!!

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the great write up and letting those of us who couldn't get out there live vicariously through your experience.
😁

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the great write up and letting those of us who couldn't get out there live vicariously through your experience.
😁
Sweet F-117’s in your profile pic. I’m an aerospace engineer so I nerd out on that kinda stuff lol

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco sounds like it will not disappoint anyone. And you were so lucky to get such a great demo. I wonder what the Bronco Off-Roadeo will be like? https://broncooffroadeo.com/#/ If it is anything like this I am sure they will be booked up fast.

It looks like the Bronco you were in did not have the High or Lux package. What did you think of the smaller screen? The 12" with the trail cam is looking very impressive in other reviews.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet F-117’s in your profile pic. I’m an aerospace engineer so I nerd out on that kinda stuff lol
It was/is a great aircraft. Had a lot of fun on that program.

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco sounds like it will not disappoint anyone. And you were so lucky to get such a great demo. I wonder what the Bronco Off-Roadeo will be like? https://broncooffroadeo.com/#/ If it is anything like this I am sure they will be booked up fast.

It looks like the Bronco you were in did not have the High or Lux package. What did you think of the smaller screen? The 12" with the trail cam is looking very impressive in other reviews.
Yea I was very lucky to have gotten this experience indeed.
Ours did not have the high or lux package. It has the standard so no fancy gizmos. The smaller screen was fine. But it didn’t have the 360, or front view camera just a rear view. It was pretty basic. In the end it all depends on what you want I guess. If you don’t want the trail cam, 360, front view etc yea it’ll be fine.

1973kirk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is your impressions of the 2 door? Is it bigger than you expected? I am still waiting for a proper ride along review of the 2 door. Like these 4 door ride along reviews.

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your impressions of the 2 door? Is it bigger than you expected? I am still waiting for a proper ride along review of the 2 door. Like these 4 door ride along reviews.
Plenty of people got to do the 2 door ride alongs hopefully someone posts about it.
the bronco in general was bigger than I expected. The 2 door is a good size. It’s definitely not small. If I had unlimited funds I’d def buy a 2 door manssquach haha. At one point I did see 3 people get out of it from a ride along so take that for what it’s worth. I think the 2 door is a future classic

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea the 4door has plenty of space behind the rear seats in my opinion. I’m planning to have our dog ride in the passenger seat till we have a kid then doggo goes in the back. Some others posted a photo of the back area it is impressively large and you can see how 4 doors and the top can be stored in there.
By the way I wanted to mention the San Diego is my favorite city on the coast. I lived there for 9 months when I was 18. Mostly stayed in OB in a van, also lived off Balboa in an ancient hotel and lived in Poway while I worked at Olhausen Pool Table factory. But OB, Mission and La Jolla was my stomping grounds. Ran around with some punk rockers, I was their hippy in a van. Hell of a time. Helluva city!
Sponsored