First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4DR SAS, BMW M550, BMW iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm considering installing a vinyl hood overlay decal and wondering if there are any issues with longer term paint fade issues or any other discoloration problems. I recall problems with removed pinstripes on 70s and 80s vehicles I owned.

Also, any recommendations on specific vinyl decal brand/quality and/or sellers i should consider?
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm considering installing a vinyl hood overlay decal and wondering if there are any issues with longer term paint fade issues or any other discoloration problems. I recall problems with removed pinstripes on 70s and 80s vehicles I owned.

Also, any recommendations on specific vinyl decal brand/quality and/or sellers i should consider?
I think it will really depend on where it is kept most of the time. My 95 Lightning had the name of the ranch on the side for 5 years in the Texas sun but was garage kept 50% of the time. The adhesive was standard 3M acrylic 2 mil and the label stock was the same as used by Ford for the Lightning label. When I brought it up north after 5 years, I removed the labels with a hair dryer and no signs of the letters. It was pretty large as it covered a large section of both doors.

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

When did you own these 70's and 80's vehicles and what part of the country?

If it was in the 90's, their pinstriping has been on for 10-20 years potentially baking in extreme heat. Of course they could be hard to remove and surrounding paint certainly more faded than the covered paint.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Depends on the vehicle color. If white, possibly/likely. If a darker color likely not.
Sponsored