nwardoh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone found something that looks nice for the windshield above the AS line?
Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP

nwardoh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wifey got me this last Christmas. I actually like it and find it very useful. Only need to flip the 1/2 acre visor down for blocking the sun from the side. Otherwise, I use this one almost exclusively.

I had to clip it on backwards on the giant Bronco visor - on the back rather than the front as shown in the pics. That combined with sunglasses allow me to see (well, mostly) when driving into the sun.

https://www.hammacher.com/product/d...d_req_id=430a5639-0f92-4542-bb47-161ef2a6f060

If you do go this route, I suppose we'll need to move this thread to the Interior Mods section :)

Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love that. I hate the sunvisor dance that I have to do with the Bronco. I don't recall using my visor so much in my other trucks. Can we buy it somewhere and install ourselves, or do we need a "pro" to do it?
I went to a local tint shop and haven't done any personal tinting before so can't comment on what products or materials you'd need. As mentioned in my crosspost, whatever template was in the system was too large for me so my tint guy eyeballed it to my preference.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went to a local tint shop and haven't done any personal tinting before so can't comment on what products or materials you'd need. As mentioned in my crosspost, whatever template was in the system was too large for me so my tint guy eyeballed it to my preference.
Well it looks great. I'll be sure to add that to my list once I fix my broken windshield :)

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Technically it has to be at or above the AS line. You aren't all that far below it. Something like this would probably be fine.
I don't even know what the "AS" line means for the windshield. Why would a tint have to be at or above this specific point? Are you referring to a certain state and its laws?

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well it looks great. I'll be sure to add that to my list once I fix my broken windshield :)
Thanks, ya I'm really glad I had it done. Definitely reduces the usage of the visor.

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the brow tinted shortly after I got my Bronco. Just had the windshield replaced and told them not to put another brow on. At 6’2” I don’t need it and it was a bit annoying being nearly in my line of site. 🤣

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My visor tint comes down 7 inches, 2 inches longer than my wife's Bronco. I feel like I hardly have to wear sunglasses. I'm liking it

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought a roll of (35%), so I guess it blocks 65%, and I’m wondering if it should be darker. I didn’t want to be too dark, specially at night. I guess I’ll know tomorrow when I drive into the sun. I bought the role for about $13 at AutoZone and I have tons left. I cut pieces that were 21.5 (Left) and 19.5 (Right), sprayed on a ton of soapy water and the pieces slide around just enough for the edges to tuck just inside the gap between the plastic and the window.

603F0A77-9263-4F92-B63D-C62974D47125.jpeg
Sponsored