First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have a build date of 9/18 . . . With negotiations not going well between UAW and Ford, we are thinking about just pulling the trigger on one on a lot. We ordered to avoid the "Market adjustment" but I have found a few that are not adjusted. We would risk or $750 deposit but at the same time, it might be another year or two before it makes it to our home.
Thoughts
Sponsored

Firewrench

Base
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch, F-350, Slingshot, H-D TriGlide
Your Bronco Model
Base
We were considering ordering new. In June we were near our local Ford store, decided to see if they had any on the lot. They had only one. a ‘22, a green basesquatch, lightly used with only 7K miles. Looked like it was never off the pavement. We figured jump on it now or face a long wait. Happy campers.
The only feature I wish it had is keyless entry. Geez, even our lowly Prius had keyless entry!

OP
OP
DrTiki

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We were considering ordering new. In June we were near our local Ford store, decided to see if they had any on the lot. They had only one. a ‘22, a green basesquatch, lightly used with only 7K miles. Looked like it was never off the pavement. We figured jump on it now or face a long wait. Happy campers.
The only feature I wish it had is keyless entry. Geez, even our lowly Prius had keyless entry!
We ordered a loaded WildTrak. There is a 22 locally but I want the upgraded Hoss 3.0 that the 23 has. I have found two within a reasonable distance . . . One is $3000 over sticker and the other is listed at stiker and I am waiting to find out about it and what it would cost to get them delivered.

BroncoLV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, 88.5 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a build date of 9/18 . . . With negotiations not going well between UAW and Ford, we are thinking about just pulling the trigger on one on a lot. We ordered to avoid the "Market adjustment" but I have found a few that are not adjusted. We would risk or $750 deposit but at the same time, it might be another year or two before it makes it to our home.
Thoughts
If a dealership is requiring a deposit and doing market adjustments I would find a different dealership. I've ordered a few new vehicles and have never had to put down a deposit other than the $100 reservation deposit from ford and I ended up ordering a different Bronco and the dealership cancelled my order and refunded me the $100 deposit. Also, if you are not in a hurry you might wait and took a look at the 2024 models as there some changes to the equipment packages depending on the trim levels and what options you want.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your build week is 2 weeks away. Wait for the HOSS 3.0.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DrTiki

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your build week is 2 weeks away. Wait for the HOSS 3.0.
IF they don't strike . . . which as we get closer to the deadline it looks like they are NOT accepting anything other than full demands. Most experts say it would be a miracle if they don't go on strike. Ford is the only ones to even send over an offer and the UAW President called is BS and trashed it.

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2023 Wildtrack at MSRP, overall I think that's the best out there for a few reasons. 1. I don't think there are any options, besides leather, that you can't add reasonably close aftermarket. It comes standard packaged so that you will always feel like you got what the Bronco should be. 2) price increases just keeps coming, no way else to say it, future increased labor costs included. Who says this strike doesn't lead to another 5% mid year price increase come January? 3) Has the majority of constrained options standard, so you will likely trade a missed option on the car you wait for a different missed option, if there is one. 4) having it now!!! Yes sir, right now, like in your driveway take it to your favorite fall event now!!

They are out there for sure, I just bought one last week and abandoned an on order BD, but less and less. There are good dealers out there to work with just be direct and be ready to pull the trigger when one gives you the offer at MSRP. And if/when this strike happens and production stops, watch how fast ADM across the board for on lot Broncos comes back.

I paid about $650 to ship it from Michigan to NJ open carrier, and baked it in to the cost of doing business in 2023. Good luck!!

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thoughts
buy asap anywhere its in your budget
i LOVE my bronco
ps wife and kids steal it alot
and be prepared to become a rock star ..everyone wants to chat with you

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Use the lack of HOSS 3.0 as a negotiating tool, remind them that it's "less desirable" and no different from an Outer Banks for all practical purposes. LOL.

Then get them to drop the price because it's not only not HOSS 3.0, but also ls a 2022. Retrofit the HOSS 3.0 steering rack later and get a better suspension when you are ready to set up from the HOSS 2.0 (which is quite decent to begin with).

Yes, I would offer them Outer Banks money without HOSS 3.0, because that is what it is. Also, remind them that there are over 15,000 Broncos sitting on lots according to the latest Ford numbers, so good luck moving a 2022 at MSRP.

OP
OP
DrTiki

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Found one in Virginia that is in production. They are going to notify me when it is shipping. Actually works out perfectly because by the time they get it, we should know about the strike.

We aren't trading anything in so it will be a shared vehicle between my wife and I. We are cuttently negotiating a custody agreement.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Found one in Virginia that is in production. They are going to notify me when it is shipping. Actually works out perfectly because by the time they get it, we should know about the strike.

We aren't trading anything in so it will be a shared vehicle between my wife and I. We are cuttently negotiating a custody agreement.
Good luck with that... I just purchased 2 instead of sharing custody with the girlfriend (not that I had to share, but the second one was just too much of a good deal).
Sponsored