C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Zephyr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok. Total newbie here.

I want the options that the OBX provides, but want more aggressive tires without going to full Sasquatch mode. (More of the tire that the Badlands has). What are my options to keep the 18” wheels and get a more aggressive tire? Will the dealership swap them out for me at time of purchase?
Sponsored

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about just buying a set of Badlands takeoffs from Craigslist and/or Facebook marketplace? You should be able to find a set of next-to-new tires with or without badlands wheels for a decent price. Lots of Bronco take-offs out there in the wild. Especially if you are just looking for the stock 33" KO2s.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, there are lots of threads on wheels and tires. Immerse yourself and see what other members like, dislike, used or discarded, and why. Knowledge is consumer power.
Scroll far down forum lists to Marketplace, specifically Member Marketplace, to to the subsection on wheels and tires. There, you'll see lots offerings. You're in a fairly fortunate place, if you hold to this agenda, as there are lots of Sasquatch owners who want to swap off their OEM wheels and/or Goodyear Territories for other styles and tires. They'll be delighted to get unused OEM wheels out of their garages!
Don't get sweet on a wheel or tire that "looks more aggressive." Decide upon the type of features and performance for the street and/or offroad driving you expect to do, and maybe more. I thought I'd just be driving remote back roads when I got my Badlands, but found myself happily attracted to serious offroading, rock crawling, and even non-trail overlanding. You may, too.
Also, keep your eyes out for retailers' and distributors' Black Friday Specials. At that point, you should have decided just what you want, so you don't get seduced by an apparent bargain.
As you learn more, you may change your mind and go for something more, or less, aggressive, and that's fine, too. Happy shopping!

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer Performance shop hooked me up for the Badlands tires and wheels (5) that were taken off upon delivery for less than the cost of the BF Goodrich AT KO2s. They look great on my OBX,
Ford Bronco Want the Obx but with the Badland tires IMG_A956439212C3-1

Donovan_93

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. Total newbie here.

I want the options that the OBX provides, but want more aggressive tires without going to full Sasquatch mode. (More of the tire that the Badlands has). What are my options to keep the 18” wheels and get a more aggressive tire? Will the dealership swap them out for me at time of purchase?
You can absolutely have my Badlands wheels and tires whenever mine arrives :p I'm imediating taking them off and selling them.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are so many Badlands 33" take offs in Metro Atlanta.

$1k gets you a set of 5 here.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer Performance shop hooked me up for the Badlands tires and wheels (5) that were taken off upon delivery for less than the cost of the BF Goodrich AT KO2s. They look great on my OBX,
Care show us a front or rear view so we can see the poke on those painted flares?

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are those the badlands optional wheels but with the sasquatch beadlock rings?? If so I'd love a close-up pic! I've been thinking of trying this on my badlands optional wheels, and more-so now that I rock rashed 3 of my current rings lol.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are those the badlands optional wheels but with the sasquatch beadlock rings?? If so I'd love a close-up pic! I've been thinking of trying this on my badlands optional wheels, and more-so now that I rock rashed 3 of my current rings lol.
Those are not the Badlands optional. Those are Sasquatch wheels. I have the Badlands optional, love them.

IMG_8927.jpeg

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are not the Badlands optional. Those are Sasquatch wheels. I have the Badlands optional, love them.

Ford Bronco Want the Obx but with the Badland tires IMG_8927
I have badlands optional as well, Those are definitely the optional badlands wheels with the original beauty rings swapped for the sasquatch wheel rings. If you look at the spokes on his wheels, its the 6 flat spokes, not the "Y" shaped deep spokes from the sas wheel. They also confirmed they did what I'm describing in another post on a different thread.

Sponsored

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the original non-Sasquatch gray trim rings but badly scratched (gouged) one. Found these on EBay. I like them better.
Care show us a front or rear view so we can see the poke on those painted flares?
Ford Bronco Want the Obx but with the Badland tires IMG_1295
Ford Bronco Want the Obx but with the Badland tires IMG_1296

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the original non-Sasquatch gray trim rings but badly scratched (gouged) one. Found these on EBay. I like them better.

That looks really good, thanks for the pics!! I like the cleaner style of the sasquatch rings better than the originals on my wheels, I'll have to do that myself and then maybe swap to the originals when I go wheeling.

F2W12

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know I'm in the minority, but I think the factory OBX rims are the nicest looking and I like them a lot more than the Badlands. Replacing the tires completes the look very well.

Ford Bronco Want the Obx but with the Badland tires 2B9262AB-1A1E-4825-AF41-A342685D733F

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OBX with 17x9 +30 RTR Tech 6 rims with 295/70R17.

IMG_20220910_181155.jpg

I use the stock OBX rims and tires for long distance trips when I am not off roading and formal events. ;)
Sponsored