Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been awhile since I've posted since taking delivery of my Bronco in December. So, its officially Spring and the first thing I did was take the doors off my Bronco for the last week. Its been great I missed the experience since selling my Jeep Wrangler. I've noticed though I keep constantly getting warnings pop up on my dash....none were really worrisome until I got one that said break failure and a host of other issues. I turned off the car and restarted and it never came back on. I'm assuming this is just a glitch but has anyone else had issues when taking the doors off and all the warning lights going off?

On a side note, if anyone has figured out how to have the headlights come on when unlocking the doors please say. I've looked through every option and its not there. Only when you lock the car after putting in park.

Ford Bronco Warning Lights w/doors off? IMG_2975
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's a few post about this. Sorry I don't know the details totally because I don't have my Bronco yet. But there's a certain order in which you have to do it.

All I can remember is I think something to do with your seat belts before you start the vehicle. And I think it matters what you do when you actually unplug the doors.

The answers out there somewhere :)

JB 208

Big Bend
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just took the doors off for the first time last night. I followed the steps Ford listed with the ignition. I must’ve done something wrong too cause I have some warnings also. Lane assist, hill start, etc.. misc. features not working. I’ll be investigating later this week.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, just restarting seems to resolve the errors. Have had it be fine immediately after the doors off and then restarting after driving gave me disco lights. Also have had the errors immediately after taking the doors off then not again after restarting.

Also had problems with my hitch hook ups this weekend, restart resolved a left turn signal flashing fast and no response on the trailer.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't have mine yet either but I thought I remember reading somewhere that maybe this happens if you start it before buckling your seat belt?

Sponsored

starnold73

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrack 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Received mine last week. Put windows down and shut off truck. Removed doors and upon startup received a half dozen warnings and failures. Ok’d through them and went for a drive. I have started and stopped many times and sometimes I get nothing and others I get errors. Glad/not glad to see others have experienced this.

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find if you don’t fasten your seatbelt(s) prior to starting with the doors off, it throws a ton of error codes. Put seatbelt on. Start. No issues for me.

starnold73

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrack 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks STJonesin4, 9 starts out of 10 with seatbelt fastened I get no warnings. Must be a safety thing.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And someone else has had luck unlocking the doors before getting in and putting their seatbelt on. Even though there are no doors, they said they hear the rear door unlock.

So basically the steps are (from gathering all the different posts)

Unlock via the remote (Yes, with the doors off)

Fasten seat belt

Press really good on the brake pedal (aka not just lightly, but actually like you're breaking)

Then press start button

If I had my bronco I would be able to say for sure!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think the seatbelt or hard brake press have anything to do with it
from what I’ve seen so far. I start mine all the time from the outside. I’ll walk by and push the pedal with my hand and hit the start button. I can get in start it with no belt on then drive away with no issues. Just seems to be a minor gremlin. I’ve never had it happen 2 times in a row. Happened this morning. Last time was last weekend. I just shut it off then restart it. I’d say 1 out if 25 starts or something along those lines. Not very often. At least it’s a quick fix to clear it. Haven’t had to door on the truck for over a month now. Been trying all sorts of stuff to force it to do it and I haven’t found anything solid yet. Has never happened with the doors on.
Sponsored