First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
PA does have some strange laws. Growing up, you could not shop on Sunday except at groceries and pharmacies. Some stores figured out that they could pay the fine and stay open and make a profit. I could see how this could turn towards politics but I am just relating to the odd laws in some states.
Yeah, we had some odd "blue laws" in SE Virginia when we moved there in the mid 80's, like no alcohol sales on Sundays. Had not experienced that growing up in Maryland.
Sponsored

2A_Actuary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was pulled over in Pennsylvania today for having the doors off. It’s technically illegal in our state, but it’s almost never the primary reason for the stop. He let me go with a warning. I’m most upset that this is a local officer for me, so taking the doors off is basically out of question for me moving forward. What a stupid law.

1654289461527.png
Geez - are motorcycles outlawed too? Same roads, no doors.

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, the computerized registers are quite capable of categorizing and separating the revenue for different product catagories, including alcohol. Plus, at these stores you can buy regular groceries alongside your alcohol purchases at these assigned registers.
Prior to Covid the state liquor laws required the sale to be at a separate register from one that sells other items in the store. Starting August 4, 2020, stores were able to apply to sell at any register provided they met the requirements (included below). Everything below taken from a law firm website:

Although this capability is now permitted, it will be up to the individual stores to implement and not all stores will be able to satisfy the requirements, which include the following:

The cash registers must be within the same building as the area licensed for alcohol sales
The building cannot exceed 11,000 square feet
The store must post signage indicating which registers will allow alcohol sales
The registers cannot be self-service or allow the customer to scan their own purchases
The register must be staffed at all times by a person who is at least 18 years old and who has completed Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP) training
The cashier must use a transaction scan device to verify the age of anyone who appears to be under 35 years old
The store cannot sell or share the data collected from the transaction scan device

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tube doors, no interest. Net doors, yes please. I doubt a cop would pull anyone over with tubes or nets on.
Just don’t get donut doors, or they’ll never leave you alone! 🍩

Sponsored

Ggerobb

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FTS,FTP take the top, doors and tailgate off. Maybe add a plank of wood so as not to loose your load, then Drive it like you stole it and enjoy the ride. When busted demand a jury trial, we got you.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, we had some odd "blue laws" in SE Virginia when we moved there in the mid 80's, like no alcohol sales on Sundays. Had not experienced that growing up in Maryland.
In Wyoming, we had a couple that amused me and were still on the books as recently as the 90's (no idea now)
1. Still legal to be hung for stealing a horse.
2. If you rode your horse to school, it was the principal's responsibility to feed it during the day.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More then likely, the officer really just wanted to check out your Bronco. Years ago I was pulled over in my 70 Mach 1. Not to boast, but it was so clean you could conduct an appendectomy on the hood of the car and not worry about infection. The officer told me he pulled me over because a car matching my cars description was just involved in a hit and run. Not a mark on my car anywhere, but he pulled me over. I always assumed he wanted to get a better look see at my car, or he also had one and wanted to see how some part was mounted. Lol

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I plan on taking the roof off when weather permits, but taking tue doors off seems to be too much trouble, plus no where to store them. I think I’ll check with the dealership about the laws here if I do.

I was born and raised in SEPA, left in 1979, returned to SWPA in 2007 and left again in 2009. Can’t say I don’t miss it, but I am happy to have lived elsewhere for the majority of my life. Auto inspections are one very good reason why. That and too many cops looking to pull you over for a minor traffic infringement. I wonder if the cops in any of the PA state parks would leave you alone.
Game Wardens are usually tougher than State Police. They nailed a local school superintendent for laying his loaded rifle on the backseat of his car while talking to the warden OUTSIDE of the vehicle.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

More then likely, the officer really just wanted to check out your Bronco. Years ago I was pulled over in my 70 Mach 1. Not to boast, but it was so clean you could conduct an appendectomy on the hood of the car and not worry about infection. The officer told me he pulled me over because a car matching my cars description was just involved in a hit and run. Not a mark on my car anywhere, but he pulled me over. I always assumed he wanted to get a better look see at my car, or he also had one and wanted to see how some part was mounted. Lol
A secondhand story told to me about a friend's hot muscle car and he was pulled over on I79. Cop made him get in back of cop car ( no door handles) while the cop took his car for a test drive. Cop came back said thanks and let him go

Sponsored

S Q U I N T S

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2022 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Give me a courtroom and 90 seconds and you walk...

First of all, no cop should ever pull you over for this. If they do, just point at the first Motorcycle that drives by and scream "LOOK, ANOTHER ONE. HE'S GETTING AWAY!"

I recognize the technicality of a vehicle with doors per the statute but your vehicle was both manufactured to function this way and it was modified to the extent that there is no roof or side.

That is the legal out, but any Judge will dismiss this instantly. Unless it is the cops Sister that is also his wife.

Ford Bronco Pulled Over For No Doors in PA [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1654540300787

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a Wrangler back in the mid to late 90's and drove it for years with no doors (or side view mirrors) and never once did I get a second look from the police.
Up until this thread, I only thought side view mirrors were required by law.
This will be very interesting for sure. I live very close to Quadratec where there are a TON of Jeeps. I saw two without doors over the weekend too. I never gave it a second thought.
I guess I'll find out when I drive around with the doors off when I get my Bronco.

Oh, it's also illegal for car dealships to sell cars on Sunday's in PA.

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@VictoryLights sorry that happened to you. I live in Texas and after reading this I looked into it and you can drive your Bronco in TX without doors, but a side mirror is required so Bronco's can be driven without doors, but it would be illegal for Jeeps!

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a Wrangler back in the mid to late 90's and drove it for years with no doors (or side view mirrors) and never once did I get a second look from the police.
Up until this thread, I only thought side view mirrors were required by law.
This will be very interesting for sure. I live very close to Quadratec where there are a TON of Jeeps. I saw two without doors over the weekend too. I never gave it a second thought.
I guess I'll find out when I drive around with the doors off when I get my Bronco.

Oh, it's also illegal for car dealships to sell cars on Sunday's in PA.
Also illegal to Tint your windows in PA and yet in my area there at least 6 shops that do it, I've had all my 4x4's windows tinted for last 15 years and have been pulled over for it several times, but it seems like its just used as "probable cause to pull u over" already tinted

abronco.jpg

gtr

Badlands
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco/Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t need doors here in Manitoba Canada!
Sponsored