First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You said in the OP "police conducting an investigation". I hope that means the individual is in custody! Hope he does time for this! And the fact you mentioned him being "armed" I can only assume you would only know because he threatened you...That should bring an additional charge if it can be proven. Here we have had a rash of hit an run incidents, one of my buddies was tboned on his harley by a guy running from the cops and lost his leg. Another buddy of mine is nearly the exact same situation was hit in the saddlebag and tossed off the bike...he broke his hand and has alot of rash, but was very lucky. His bike is destroyed, but that's the least of his problems now. Cops never caught the guy. Only way to stop this kinda stuff is to put these people behind bars!
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a guy in broad daylight try to overtake me on an overpass going >100mph, not be able to, then rode my bumper honking his horn and flashing his lights. When we got down to the two lane highway, he pulled up next to me, started making hand gestures, swerved at me several times, then brandished a chrome gun. This was not a gang banger; it was a very new, expensive Ford 4dr pickup with what looked like an executive type driving. He eventually sped off and exited.

That was very scary, especially for my sister, who was in the passenger seat. Good for you keeping your head and going for help.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
In February of 2020, with my second daughter due in July, I took a motorcycle ride from Tampa Bay to Mt Dora and then to Cedar Key. By the time I got to Cedar Key, I was considering trading my Harley for a C5 corvette instead because the drivers are crazy. I was terrified I'd be taken out before my second daughter came into the world and when I got home, I stopped riding except for locally in my town. Now that I'm in rural PA I'm riding again, though I also took out a nice life insurance policy on me, and 4 times as much on my wife in case we go together ;)
Wow, I also had a Harley and loved it. Got rid of it due to the crazy drivers here. Lol I had a C6 Corvette for 2 years, loved it too. Especially for the highway. I would drive the speed limit but when I need to pass an occasional driver it would accelerate to 100 or more easily and I could at least get out of the way of the crazy drivers and get them off of my butt. I felt safe in that due to the power. On my drive to work I limited the Bronco out to 100 once, not keeping up with traffic.

OP
OP
Anvilair1973

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope the dude is prosecuted
He is sitting in jail as we speak, attempted murderer, Illegal firearm and shots fired. I will give a more detailed account of events once the police conclude their investigation. I will say this, I am lucky to be alive and it seems at this point I was targeted at random as part of a gang initiation.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He is sitting in jail as we speak, attempted murderer, Illegal firearm and shots fired. I will give a more detailed account of events once the police conclude their investigation. I will say this, I am lucky to be alive and it seems at this point I was targeted at random as part of a gang initiation.
I know it doesn't help make you whole, but at least he is off the street for now! Hope he gets what's coming to him!

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow... So sorry this happened to you man. Glad to hear the other party is in custody, hope he stays that way for the rest of his life. Even more glad to hear you seem to be okay, can't imagine what you're going through though

Eager to hear more details and see the photos. Stay safe out there

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems if you spend any amount of time on the road anymore you’re going to see some crazy stuff.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems like the day I installed my dash-cam, all the craziness around me stopped... It comforts me knowing I have it and it's recording all the time just in case I need the footage. Glad to hear you're OK.

Reactions: JZZ

Sponsored

ECMBronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People crazy here in FL. Glad you are ok, but sorry to see a 2 door go by the way. I'm biased. My advice (coming from the atty) if you have any pain or discomfort, at least go to a walk in clinic, report it and document it. You only have 14 days to seek care to get your PIP benefits. If it goes away, great. If not, at least you will have a claim open to treat on.
As a Florida attorney and bronco owner I can echo those sentiments. Sounds like a really good impact. A lot of times you don’t really feel a soft tissue injury until a few days later.

Also sounds like a very scary situation. Glad you made it to the police station and the guy was arrested. Smart move by you. If you need any help feel free to reach out.

RXV_POOR

Base
First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus GS 350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update 9/8/23:

Original post 9/7/23:

These trucks are REALLY tough! I will post pics and more details once the police have concluded their investigation but I can tell you it involved an armed road rager stalking me for several miles while I was on the phone with 911 and headed directly to the police station. I was hit at a glancing head on angle by a 4 door Tacoma and the Bronco saved my life. I was spun around 3 times and not only did the Bronco stay upright the front of the vehicle absorbed the majority of the impact (as it should) and spared me from injury other than some seatbelt bruising. I dropped this here to let you all know that the severity of the accident was extreme and you all should know you are rolling around in a very safe vehicle. The poor Taco took almost the identical impact and let's just say it did not fair nearly as well, but thank mercy there was no serious injuries. My black 2 door baby is a total loss. 😭 More details to come, but I will be back in Bronco game as soon as possible. Safe, well built trucks for sure.
Glad you are alive and well

sprk33

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In February of 2020, with my second daughter due in July, I took a motorcycle ride from Tampa Bay to Mt Dora and then to Cedar Key. By the time I got to Cedar Key, I was considering trading my Harley for a C5 corvette instead because the drivers are crazy. I was terrified I'd be taken out before my second daughter came into the world and when I got home, I stopped riding except for locally in my town. Now that I'm in rural PA I'm riding again, though I also took out a nice life insurance policy on me, and 4 times as much on my wife in case we go together ;)
I hear ya.....I sold my Harley 6 months after I moved to Tampa....Got run off the road 3 times. Was not worth getting killed over.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad all is okay. Hope things work out in your favor. Sorry about your Bronco :(

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy moly! I assume the Tacoma was the road rager?
Of course look at the two. Wouldn't you rage if you were being so blatantly outclassed ?
Sponsored