Pulled Over For No Doors in PA [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also illegal to Tint your windows in PA and yet in my area there at least 6 shops that do it, I've had all my 4x4's windows tinted for last 15 years and have been pulled over for it several times, but it seems like its just used as "probable cause to pull u over" already tinted

abronco.jpg
I too have my windows tinted. Never been pulled over for window tint.
IF I get stopped, all my windows are rolled down all the way and my hands are on the steering wheel where the officer can see them. The totally appreciated the gesture and take it much easier on you if they feel you're looking out for them. I have several friends that are police officers.
Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IF I get stopped, all my windows are rolled down all the way and my hands are on the steering wheel where the officer can see them.
As do I , I also have a CC permit that I hand them with my license if I am carrying

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also illegal to Tint your windows in PA and yet in my area there at least 6 shops that do it, I've had all my 4x4's windows tinted for last 15 years and have been pulled over for it several times, but it seems like its just used as "probable cause to pull u over" already tinted

abronco.jpg
Man, PA is tough. Tinting is definitely allowed in TX. There is a limit to how dark, but with as hot as it gets here in the summer, it would be CRAZY to not allow tinting. Even with it, cars are still pretty toasty when you get in them after they've been parked outside in the heat.

Probie56

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch, 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

abronco.jpg
Have they given you any grief about it? I'm going to tint my Bronco and I'm in Exeter Township.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yesterday was a beautiful summer day in TN. Don't have my Bronco yet but put a couple hundred on my adventure bike taking in mountain roads and sights. I noticed countless jeeps with "doors off".
On a break I looked up my local laws on "doors off" and found that its really on the state of Penn that has that law; however, in nearly all states there has to be side view mirrors, including TN.

Of all the doorless Jeeps I saw, only 1 had sideview mirrors (I assume an aftermarket part).

As others have stated, the doors off draws attention... law enforcement is attention. Thus, when in doors off mode... I'll need to be on my best behavior and all "my papers in order"

Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was pulled over in Pennsylvania today for having the doors off. It’s technically illegal in our state, but it’s almost never the primary reason for the stop. He let me go with a warning. I’m most upset that this is a local officer for me, so taking the doors off is basically out of question for me moving forward. What a stupid law.

1654289461527.png
Dang, that sucks!! Dont have to wear a helmet but ya need doors on the bronco??? guess im leaving doors on while i visit Steelers training camp!!

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was pulled over in Pennsylvania today for having the doors off. It’s technically illegal in our state, but it’s almost never the primary reason for the stop. He let me go with a warning. I’m most upset that this is a local officer for me, so taking the doors off is basically out of question for me moving forward. What a stupid law.

1654289461527.png
Maybe this has already been said. Funny, no doors is a no no, but you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet. Weird!

El Capitan

First Edition
First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry to hear that. I drove to/from (Austin-Houston) w/o doors & top. Really enjoyed the ride. Wind noise was as expected, but not terrible. Just gave me a reason to really crank up my stereo :)

1654289461527.png
3A088D90-6E3C-459B-93E4-6405C9B194B9.jpeg

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have they given you any grief about it? I'm going to tint my Bronco and I'm in Exeter Township.
Got pulled over about 2 years ago in Pottstown in JK for the windows, They ended up ticketing me for no seatbelt Also I've driven with out doors on Jeeps for years and have never been stopped for that

Probie56

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch, 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got pulled over about 2 years ago in Pottstown in JK for the windows, They ended up ticketing me for no seatbelt Also I've driven with out doors on Jeeps for years and have never been stopped for that
Thanks for the info. If you see a silver 4 door around give a wave, we're close by!
Sponsored