Sponsored

Wastegate actuator loose/rattling. Anyone else have this issue?

OP
OP
EazyCheezy

EazyCheezy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine has that also. I’m not worried about it til it breaks. The weirder thing is that at wide open mid to upper RPM I noticed I was getting wastegate pop like I was at the strip doing a launch control or 2 step. Only noticed after the procal tuner I just installed.
Have you noticed anything like that?
Only noticed a popping sound when revving in park but there’s no boost so idk. I know enough but not all the intricacies of turbos.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EazyCheezy

EazyCheezy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep mine makes the same noise which can be heard in the cabin when on idle or when slowly reversing. I noticed it days after I picked up my Bronco and took it back right away. Dealer had it for a whole week even got in contact with Ford and they told them to leave it as is for now. They even had me test drive 2 other 2.3s they had on the lot and all had the same noise. I can share a video of the cabin noise if anyone wants to compare their noise to mine but I believe we're all in the same boat
Yeah my “service technicians” at my dealer claim to not be able to hear it. Even my service advisor did a ride along and couldn’t hear it. Just gonna leave it be for now and try to fix it myself later.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only noticed a popping sound when revving in park but there’s no boost so idk. I know enough but not all the intricacies of turbos.
Youtube some drag racers doing burnouts in the box. The wastegate are usually external vented so you can see flames and hear the pressure venting. It’s a safety on the exhaust housing side of the turbo, it just vents exhaust gas around the actual turbo impeller

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah my “service technicians” at my dealer claim to not be able to hear it. Even my service advisor did a ride along and couldn’t hear it. Just gonna leave it be for now and try to fix it myself later.
LOL yeah my service advisor was playing deaf too at first
Sponsored