Sponsored

Weird Question - does your gear selection (PRNDM) illuminate at night?

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes but...
"But the ideal and most comfortable steering wheel position for me covers up the bottom of that display."
I learned that 10 and 2 were where my hands belonged in the 70's. Then I learned it was 8 and 4 with the advent of air bags in the steering wheel. Now it's 12 and 12???

Ford Bronco Weird Question - does your gear selection (PRNDM) illuminate at night? sxv-wt
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I learned that 10 and 2 were where my hands belonged in the 70's. Then I learned it was 8 and 4 with the advent of air bags in the steering wheel. Now it's 12 and 12???

Ford Bronco Weird Question - does your gear selection (PRNDM) illuminate at night? sxv-wt
No. To be clear, which I think I was, when I adjust my tilt on the steering wheel, from my field of view (from where I sit looking at the dash) the steering wheel covers up that indication. No hands on the wheel at all. It's the most annoying when going from P to D or R at night. All you can do is count clicks. Not a big deal when already driving around. Do you even have a Bronco yet to tell me how it looks?

Raptortothis

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I better fire up the steering wheel and see what's what.
What’s crazy is how hot the seats get, but the wheel plain sucks. Maybe when it’s like 20 outside and your hands are frozen it’s more noticed? Still weak compared
To every other vehicle I’ve owned

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. To be clear, which I think I was, when I adjust my tilt on the steering wheel, from my field of view (from where I sit looking at the dash) the steering wheel covers up that indication. No hands on the wheel at all. It's the most annoying when going from P to D or R at night. All you can do is count clicks. Not a big deal when already driving around. Do you even have a Bronco yet to tell me how it looks?
FWIW I understood your point on steering wheel/column position

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ah, got it. Didn't gather that part. My reply was more facetious than anything since I couldn't envision the issue. Guess my humor missed the mark.

And, yes, I've had my OBX for over a month, and seeing the selected gear on the dash has never been a problem. Just a matter of relative head to steering wheel position, I suppose.

Cheers!

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Weird question... I just noticed my center console gear selection (PRNDM) don't illuminate at night. Has anyone else experienced this? Or do they not illuminate? the GOAT mode knob illuminates
In my day we had 3 on the tree…not illuminated either

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be interested to hear your opinion. Guess I’m used to F350 wheel. Gets nice and warm. Noticeable difference from Bronco.

You know it’s the wife that did this to me. Heated seats, steering wheel etc… Didnt used to care, but then you get these creature comforts the first time and it’s over. Now I’m whining my heated steering wheel not warm enough. Hilarious 😆
Tried it out this morning and it's definitely weak. My past few Ford's would nearly burn my hands.

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just saw this picture today here on B6G. So is the PRNDM on this center console illuminated or just visible due to the other interior lighting? :unsure:

Ford Bronco Weird Question - does your gear selection (PRNDM) illuminate at night? interior

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just saw this picture today here on B6G. So is the PRNDM on this center console illuminated or just visible due to the other interior lighting? :unsure:

Ford Bronco Weird Question - does your gear selection (PRNDM) illuminate at night? interior
It's reflecting light, I've seen this on mine too.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, noticed that on another rig I had. On the 2017 Raptor, it lit up. The 2020 Raptor didn’t. It was an odd thing to skimp on.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Be interested to hear your opinion. Guess I’m used to F350 wheel. Gets nice and warm. Noticeable difference from Bronco.

You know it’s the wife that did this to me. Heated seats, steering wheel etc… Didnt used to care, but then you get these creature comforts the first time and it’s over. Now I’m whining my heated steering wheel not warm enough. Hilarious 😆
I read over in the FORscan thread, the wheel heat setting can be adjusted.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta tell ya, I used the heated steering wheel a couple more times this week and it was much warmer than the first time I tried... Is yours still acting weak?
Sponsored