Sponsored

Weird Question - does your gear selection (PRNDM) illuminate at night?

CMU_Chip

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Weird question... I just noticed my center console gear selection (PRNDM) don't illuminate at night. Has anyone else experienced this? Or do they not illuminate? the GOAT mode knob illuminates
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weird question... I just noticed my center console gear selection (PRNDM) don't illuminate at night. Has anyone else experienced this? Or do they not illuminate? the GOAT mode knob illuminates
Doesn't illuminate.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. One of my few dislikes. Itā€™s painted on and looks cheap as hell.
I'm curious what the dislike is. Just that it's painted on, or that you actually look down to see what gear you're in?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm curious what the dislike is. Just that it's painted on, or that you actually look down to see what gear you're in?
Both I guess. I do have a habit of looking down with the Bronco as I shift into gear but have broken that habit and watch instrument cluster.

It does look cheap painted on and over time willing to bet it wears off pretty quickly. Not end of world. Now the heated steering wheel that barely heats upšŸ¤Ø

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And your gear selection is shown right on the dash.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both I guess. I do have a habit of looking down with the Bronco as I shift into gear but have broken that habit and watch instrument cluster.

It does look cheap painted on and over time willing to bet it wears off pretty quickly. Not end of world. Now the heated steering wheel that barely heats upšŸ¤Ø
I better fire up the steering wheel and see what's what.

OP
OP
CMU_Chip

CMU_Chip

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks! I have driven the Bronco a lot at night but just noticed it today. First vehicle that I owned that gear didn't illuminate on center console. Having student drivers in the house it just seems like a weird place to skimp.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is one of my biggest dislikes about the truck actually. NOT my MIC top. Isn't that car interior 101? Some of you here may say that it's on the dash display. True. But the ideal and most comfortable steering wheel position for me covers up the bottom of that display. I mean you can always cover it with photo tape if you hate it, but can't add illumination after the fact. I'm hoping or a mod.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And your gear selection is shown right on the dash.
Yeah, I was more curious if other people looked at the shifter when the drove (shift). I can't really remember ever doing that, but I grew up driving a manual so it was a feel thing. Having it straight in front of the driver makes sense too.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no lights down by the shifter, I'd prefer that illuminated too, my driveway is odd with a curve on top, can't see the display on the dash moving out. Easy to get used to, but odd they didn't put a light down there too.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Tried heated steering wheel. It barely works.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I better fire up the steering wheel and see what's what.
Be interested to hear your opinion. Guess Iā€™m used to F350 wheel. Gets nice and warm. Noticeable difference from Bronco.

You know itā€™s the wife that did this to me. Heated seats, steering wheel etcā€¦ Didnt used to care, but then you get these creature comforts the first time and itā€™s over. Now Iā€™m whining my heated steering wheel not warm enough. Hilarious šŸ˜†
Sponsored