Sponsored

Does your significant other drive your Bronco?

How often does your significant other drive your Bronco?

• Total voters

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Technically, it's her Bronco, since we were replacing her old Explorer, and I have my truck. However, she would have been happy with another Explorer, and I talked her into a Bronco instead.

So it's "her" Bronco that we got for "me". šŸ˜‚

If we could afford three vehicles, I would have a 2-door BaseManSquatch, as well as our truck, and then whatever car she wanted to drive. But two is it, and we need the truck, so the Bronco has to pull family duty...

She drives the truck often, hauling horses to shows, so I get the Bronco a fair bit. Fortunately, she's a very good driver (including stick), so I don't worry about her. I don't think she's ever damaged one of my vehicles... šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife is driving the Bronco more and more. She loves it! It's definitely different from her X3 and she likes the way it looks. She's using it to take our daughter horseback riding and picker her up from school, plus running errands. She's getting more and more used to it.

I have zero issues with her driving it. She likes to drive different cars.
Although, she's a bit nervous driving my 911, just due to the cost and she doesn't want anything to happen to it, even by accident. Cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed, but if she's not enjoying herself, then it's not worth it.

Can't wait to get the roof off so she can let her hair fly!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife has driven the Bronco maybe 4 times in the first 2700 miles. She is fine driving it and likes it, but is apprehensive about putting a scratch on it because she knows Iā€™ll lose my shit on the first one. Her Tacoma lease is up in a year, the tentative plan is for her to take over the Bronco as a daily driver rather than getting her another vehicle. She drives 5 miles each way to work and the Bronco is a third vehicle for us since my employer provides a truck. I canā€™t see the point of leaving the Bronco in the garage getting 2500 miles per year and paying for another vehicle for her to put 7000 miles on annually.

Sadams27

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just curious how many folks share their Bronco with their spouse/significant other? And if so, how often do they drive it?

Assuming you ordered the Bronco because you wanted it, what was their feedback when they started to drive it?
My wife steals my bronco everyday! We now have rule that she needs to have it back by 4pm so I can use it after work.Sheā€™s a foot shorter than me so I do wish the Bronco had memory settings for the seat and mirrors. But those are first world problems I guess.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shortly after receiving MY new Bronco, my wife's car got totaled, I now get to drive it from time to time.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
She drives it every day as a daily driver. When we go out I have fun with the stick shift and sport mode.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another vote for she has her own Bronco.

Actually her loaded OBX Wife-Squatch to replace her current BL just got scheduled. Wanted to get her leather and one in black so she can custom wrap it.

Last edited:

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've offered to let her drive it multiple times but she refuses, so 0% so far.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine bitched about my ā€˜75 Bronco and bitches about this one. She hasnā€™t driven it yet and Iā€™m 4800 miles in. Sheā€™s ridden in it maybe a handful of times and complains about climbing in even though I have Zroadz slider/boards and an extra Bartact strap. Sheā€™s spoiled by her X7 and itā€™s quiet air suspension ride.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I originally ordered for her then stole her reservation and got her her own. Only way I could have things our way......

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
She would drive it much more than I would if she could drive a stick. This is the only cool vehicle I have bought that she didn't immediately take from me.
She thinks I bought it for just that reason. ;)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's been a blessing/curse that my wife has been driving a stick since she was 14. She likes HP and comfort, something my Tacoma and Bronco don't offer to her level of satisfaction. The stick she can drive as well as anyone.
Sponsored