Sponsored

Does your significant other drive your Bronco?

How often does your significant other drive your Bronco?

• Total voters

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're very much a my car/her car family. She will drive it if necessary and currently has about 5 miles on it. So < 1%
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never.

My wife, generally speaking, HATES driving. To herā€¦ driving is an unfortunate necessity to get where she needs to go. On top of that, she is 4ā€™11ā€ and doesnā€™t feel like she has good visibility in the Bronco. And she also canā€™t drive a manual transmission.

The latter issue we are solvingā€¦ she is currently learning how to drive my Focus with a manual transmission. The thought is if we are in the middle of no-where in the Bronco and something were to happen to me, she should know how to drive it in case of emergencies. But she gleans zero pleasure from driving so outside of emergencies (or practicing in case of emergencies) she will likely never drive it.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just curious how many folks share their Bronco with their spouse/significant other? And if so, how often do they drive it?

Assuming you ordered the Bronco because you wanted it, what was their feedback when they started to drive it?
My husband could care less about driving my Bronco. It's only on the very rare occasion we are road tripping and I need a break or we are out somewhere and I just don't feel like driving (not feeling well or something). Mine is the family car so it's usually what we take and I am almost always behind the wheel.

Edit to add: The same goes for his car. I rarely drive his. Neither of us have qualms with sharing, we just prefer our own vehicles.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We share vehicles 50/50 unless one of us needs the extra room of the 4dr Bronco. I just take whatever is at the end of the driveway.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My GF is also 4'11" (she would have me believe she is 5'), and doesn't enjoy climbing in and out of My Bronco. She also has never driven a manual. I have offered to teach her, but she has no interest. She is, however, a very good driver, and I would be happy to let her drive if she wanted

Sponsored

SmashFaceKiller

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door, BL, SAS- velocity blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was the responsible one that built exactly what I wanted, patiently waited and paid 2022 MSRP with no ADM despite getting bumped to MY23. My wonderful husband arranged delivery in order to drive it home himself and surprise me 3 days before Christmas.

Hereā€™s the kicker, Mr. Powerstroke 7.3L is Superiorā€¦. fell in love with MY Bronco. I thought he wasnā€™t going to give me the keys! So I found myself at a dealership about 7 weeks later playing the ADM game to buy my husband his very own Bronco so heā€™d stop drooling on mine. And I have no regrets
Ford Bronco Does your significant other drive your Bronco? 1678033181136

ClatrnDZL

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was the responsible one that built exactly what I wanted, patiently waited and paid 2022 MSRP with no ADM despite getting bumped to MY23. My wonderful husband arranged delivery in order to drive it home himself and surprise me 3 days before Christmas.

Hereā€™s the kicker, Mr. Powerstroke 7.3L is Superiorā€¦. fell in love with MY Bronco. I thought he wasnā€™t going to give me the keys! So I found myself at a dealership about 7 weeks later playing the ADM game to buy my husband his very own Bronco so heā€™d stop drooling on mine. And I have no regrets
What a lucky guy!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious how many folks share their Bronco with their spouse/significant other? And if so, how often do they drive it?

Assuming you ordered the Bronco because you wanted it, what was their feedback when they started to drive it?
I initiated the Bronco buying idea, but she was on board immediately. It was love at first sight for the both of us. She let me do all of the planning and decision-making regarding the model and options.

She drives is on-road as much as I do, but I'll probably be the primary off-road driver.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yours is better, so there's that! šŸ˜

Someguy

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5 Turbo/Indian Scout Bobber
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, but I'd give it to her if she wanted to learn to drive a manual.

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife's legs just don't deal well with a clutch anymore, she'll take it for the occasional short trip somewhere, but she loves and prefers her Gladiator Auto and will drive that or the 2015 JKU auto we share first...

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine feels intimidated by itā€¦ Too big, new and expensiveā€¦ She cringes at the thought of driving it and hasnā€™t yetā€¦ She is content with her JGC.

Itā€™s all good though, she knows how I am and supports me making it my own! Though I did just sell my mustang to support my mod madnessā€¦ :p

mikej

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Badlands, JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m answering on behalf of my wife, as itā€™s her Bronco. Iā€™d say I get to drive it about half the time. I admit that Iā€™m much less interested in my Jeep right nowā€¦

Bronco911

Big Bend
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR Big Bend, squatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Although my wife loves the Bronco, she has no intention of driving it, and I'm ok with that;)

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
nope. We had originally planned to have Broncos for us both but once she got her Telluride last year she decided she didn't care about the Wildtrak we had on order. We've had my Badlands for a few weeks now and she's driven it once. After that she said she didn't like it because it was too big and felt like a school bus. Dimensions do put it about 8" wider than her Telluride but others dims are pretty close.
Sponsored