Sponsored

Does your Bronco have blind-spot mirrors?

Does your Bronco have blindspot mirrors?

• Total voters

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are correct, Sir.
Yet you are saying you have to lean over to not see a blind spot. So nobody turns theirs heads anymore when changing lanes LOL.
YAll just want to argue about anything. Basic driving 101 every car has blind spots don’t be lazy drivers. Please for all of our safety sake.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yet you are saying you have to lean over to not see a blind spot. So nobody turns theirs heads anymore when changing lanes LOL.
YAll just want to argue about anything. Basic driving 101 every car has blind spots don’t be lazy drivers. Please for all of our safety sake.
You didn’t read his instructions correctly. You are also incorrect. If you adjust your mirrors properly you won’t have blind spots.

People (for some dumb reason) set their side view mirrors to look straight back rather than, you know.....to the sides. If you're ever behind someone in traffic and you can see the driver in his side view mirrors then they have them set incorrectly.

Here's a youtube video in case it's easier to follow:

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a motorcyclist frequently fighting cagers if you think you can see all the angles behind your car in the two side mirrors I’m going with - you’re the reason I’m kicking your doors as you try and take my lane.

Sponsored

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a motorcyclist frequently fighting cagers if you think you can see all the angles behind your car in the two side mirrors I’m going with - you’re the reason I’m kicking your doors as you try and take my lane.
I know how to adjust my mirrors properly so I can indeed see everything around my vehicles.

Super cringe to use the term "cagers" btw.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if I’m tracking everyone. You’re saying if I can see the driver in the mirror, their mirror isn’t adjusted right.
But if I can’t see you in the mirror, it’s adjusted right?
Does this sum that sum it up correctly?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No. You lean over to adjust the mirrors as I described. When you are in the driver's seat, the mirrors are now properly adjusted without the need to move your head/body. It's a technique used to adjust the mirrors correctly, not a technique to use the mirrors.

I'm not arguing anything; I'm trying to teach something to fellow forum members. It was an article published in Car and Driver 30+ years ago (when I read it at least).

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been a motorcyclist for 41 years. I doubt you'd kick my doors. As a motorcycle rider, if you depend on expecting other drivers to see you as part of your safe riding techniques, then you've been lucky so far...

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No. You lean over to adjust the mirrors as I described. When you are in the driver's seat, the mirrors are now properly adjusted with out the need to move your head/body. It's a technique used to adjust the mirrors correctly, not a technique to use the mirrors.

I'm not arguing anything; I'm trying to teach something to fellow forum members. It was an article published in Car and Driver 30+ years ago (when I read it at least).
Weee really too lazy to move our heads to look now. Hole Lee sheet

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Weee really too lazy to move our heads to look now. Hole Lee sheet
So you are the one who is arguing. Come drive my Z4 Coupe and try turning your head instead of using the mirrors. In the Z4 Coupe you can't see out of the rear 3/4 view by turning your head; you have to know how to properly adjust the mirrors. Side view mirrors were invented to alleviate blind spots, not create them.

Just because you were not taught correctly to use side mirrors doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Last edited:

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine did not. However, I have the BLISS system. Also if mirrors are adjusted properly, there are no blind spots.
A vehicle the size of the Bronco has many blind spots. The most obvious one is the position of the rear tires relative to obstscles while backing up on a trail, or something as simple as assessing the position of the vehicle relative to the parking spot lanes. A blind spot mirror addresses this need.

Last edited:

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A vehicle the size of the Bronco has many blind spots. The most obvious one is the position of the rear tires relative to obstscles while backing up on a trail, or something as simple as assessing the position of the vehicle relative to the parking spot lanes. A blind spot mirror addresses this need.
I was talking about road driving. I said what I said 🤓

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy Shit!!!!!!!! I have been here long enough to know pissing matches happen all the time about who is the better driver but this thread seems to have shot to the top.

I don't trust tech but don't hate it. I've never considered exactly where my mirrors need to be either. I have been driving for 38 years and have never been in an accident.

According to some of you it has been all blind ass luck because obviously I don't know what I'm doing because I'm not professionally adjusting my mirrors or I trust tech too much.
Sponsored