Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The rock from the neighbor's power mower that hit me in the shin at age 5 or so didn't cause any lasting damage, but if my eyes had been at that level...

Glad it all worked out in the end.
What is really freaky.... It was the head off one of the very first pop up sprinklers..... Said "Made in Los Angles" on that outer brass ring and the mower cut off the "made" and the "s" so "The Angle" (Los angle) struck me... threw me about 30 feet. Was laughing about it within a couple minutes... Had to spend 5 days in the hospital. got out Sunday night. Was back at Driver's training Monday Morning. Everybody thought I had been in an auto accident.

But nothing was going to stop me from driving!
Sponsored

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That does sound like I lost it during Drivers training... but it was actually about an hour after.... Watch your kids. Do not let them be in the yard when you are mowing. Never know what you might hit and toss out a side discharge. I know it all happened for a reason that I will probably never be privy to... but it is all good. other eye over compensated and I ended up with eagle vision. I could read at 20 foot what the normal person with 20/20 could read at 15. Helped a lot when target practicing and surveying.
That's terrible, brother, but if you use steel targets, you must love hearing that "ping" at 100 yards!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love BLISS and wouldn't have a vehicle without it if possible. With that said, I agree, Ford's version sucks.

However my complaint is simply that it is silent. The Bronco dings and dongs, and yells at you for just about everything....else. But when you turn your blinker on and there's someone in your blind spot, it is as quiet as can be.

And for other posters, I know it's very hard to believe, but you can actually still use safe driving practices in addition to the extra technology. For example I still use my mirrors even though I have parking alerts, a backup camera, and BLISS.

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And for other posters, I know it's very hard to believe, but you can actually still use safe driving practices in addition to the extra technology. For example I still use my mirrors even though I have parking alerts, a backup camera, and BLISS.
You use your mirrors? I just wait for that crunch and sudden jerk that tells me I made a bad move.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love BLISS and wouldn't have a vehicle without it if possible. With that said, I agree, Ford's version sucks.

However my complaint is simply that it is silent. The Bronco dings and dongs, and yells at you for just about everything....else. But when you turn your blinker on and there's someone in your blind spot, it is as quiet as can be.

Beware what you wish for.... that ding every few minutes gets old. I turned the chime off for my Ram...drove me.nuts sitting at light with cars passing in the left turn lane or just in general.

If all the dings and chimes bug you now, why add one more??

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So one can upgrade Raptor mirror glass with better glass from a lower trim? Do both have dimming? Do both have heating for ice?
Anyone?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Beware what you wish for.... that ding every few minutes gets old. I turned the chime off for my Ram...drove me.nuts sitting at light with cars passing in the left turn lane or just in general.

If all the dings and chimes bug you now, why add one more??
Well, In my experience with other (cough cough Japanese) vehicles, The mirror lights up anytime someone is next to you, however the ding does not happen until you turn your blinker on and someone's next to you... perfectly logical workflow to me.

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did Suma fish eye total mirror replacement in blue tint for my 22 2door BadSquatch..
Love the mirrors takes a little to get used too.but also you can see the warning in the mirrors better with that blue tint..there also heated as well...

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, In my experience with other (cough cough Japanese) vehicles, The mirror lights up anytime someone is next to you, however the ding does not happen until you turn your blinker on and someone's next to you... perfectly logical workflow to me.

You may be right abo the ding being active when you use the turn signal... I can not really remember now,

I have not really noticed any issue with the Ford system vs our Mopar vehicles. One thing my Ram has that I wish the Bronco had - Blind spot on the mirrors that activates the camera when you turn the blinker on.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You may be right abo the ding being active when you use the turn signal... I can not really remember now,

I have not really noticed any issue with the Ford system vs our Mopar vehicles. One thing my Ram has that I wish the Bronco had - Blind spot on the mirrors that activates the camera when you turn the blinker on.

I've heard about vehicles that will do that for the passenger side because you're head naturally turns that direction. But I thought they did not do it for the driver side because they don't want you looking to the right and down instead of to the left and out your window as you're going left.

Sponsored

roadsterlife

Raptor
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Miata, BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I dont really love the blind spot indicator. It's really hard to see it in the daylight. I would much rather have a bigger indicator light that's either on the housing or inside the vehicle on the a-pillar. My old car had it on the inside of the mirror housings and my wife's car has them inside the car along the a-pillar. Way more effective. Although it goes without saying, if that isn't lit up, you should still check your mirrors or tilt your head.

edit: and cost shouldnt be a factor either - I had a cheap nissan cuv for a rental car this week that also had the indicator in the vehicle so you could actually see it.

GusVG

Big Bend
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I added 2" convex mirrors to my side mirrors. Some help.
Ok, so I have the BLIS option on mine and wanted to add blind spot mirrors to it
Does this mean that I can only have one or the other and not a combination of both?

jhruzek

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, Lexus LC500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The blind spot mirrors I added are the stick on style round 2” mirrors that you can get at any auto parts store.
Sponsored