Rocky Shores

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OB 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took a 500 mile trip and had time to pay more attention to the systems. My blind spot system is poor at best. I find that the drivers side system does not activate until the overtaking vehicle disappears from the side mirror. There is no warning when the car is 1 or 2 car lengths behind you. It seems to me this is where you need it to start. The flashing icon, on the drivers side, stays on even as the the vehicle in the other lane is almost past me. I can see it by then. The passenger side is different. After I pass someone, the icon stays on even as I am a car length or so past.
It almost got me wrecked as some yaboo came across far right to left at a high rate of speed (3 lanes) and ended right next to me without warning. It just so happened I was moving to the left as well. If I hadn't glanced to my left... It was an OS moment. Point is the system needs to inform sooner rather than later. Better to pretend you don't have BLIS.
Sponsored

jhruzek

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, Lexus LC500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I added 2" convex mirrors to my side mirrors. Some help.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My blind spot system works fine and responds identically on either side of the vehicle. Perhaps you have an improperly installed/loose/crooked sensor (sensors?).

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure, but you might also consider a large permanent adjustment to your side mirrors. So many folks have them set to look at the side of their vehicle. Mirrors are more safe and efficient when the rear view and sides have minimal overlap and maximally cover blind spots, the latter via the side mirrors.

For those not used to this it can be a difficult adjustment period, but one you see the benefit you'll never go back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rocky Shores

Rocky Shores

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OB 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as i understand, the mirrors have nothing to do with the system other than displaying the icon. I read the sensor is in the rear corner (tail light housing ) and is supposed to pickup 60 feet back at speed. It seems like my left side is set up to far forward but i have no idea if the sensor is adjustable, how it works or even where it really is.

OP
OP
Rocky Shores

Rocky Shores

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OB 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure, but you might also consider a large permanent adjustment to your side mirrors. So many folks have them set to look at the side of their vehicle. Mirrors are more safe and efficient when the rear view and sides have minimal overlap and maximally cover blind spots, the latter via the side mirrors.

For those not used to this it can be a difficult adjustment period, but one you see the benefit you'll never go back.
If you don't adjust your mirror so the side of vehicle is just in the inside edge of the pattern you have no reference point

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My blind spot system works fine and responds identically on either side of the vehicle. Perhaps you have an improperly installed/loose/crooked sensor (sensors?).
Same here. Lots of trips on interstate and works perfectly and have had no issues at all

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you don't adjust your mirror so the side of vehicle is just in the inside edge of the pattern you have no reference point
Yeah, mirror choices prob not relevant to the sensor system.

That said, it sounds like you haven't tried this often recommeded mirror adjustment set up. Can't really knock it if you don't try it. I have zero of my vehicles visible in my side mirrors, they only provide blind spot reduction/elimination. I can see what I want to see behind me largely relying on the center rear view. Again, with proper adjustment, you can typically see continuosly, across all 3 mirrors from (prior) blindspot to opposite (prior) blindspot.

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, mirror choices prob not relevant to the sensor system.

That said, it sounds like you haven't tried this often recommeded mirror adjustment set up. Can't really knock it if you don't try it. I have zero of my vehicles visible in my side mirrors, they only provide blind spot reduction/elimination. I can see what I want to see behind me largely relying on the center rear view. Again, with proper adjustment, you can typically see continuosly, across all 3 mirrors from (prior) blindspot to opposite (prior) blindspot.
I learned to do this in high school and agree it’s disorienting at first but once you get used to it, superior and safer.

I’m still trying to convince my wife and she just won’t try it….

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I learned to do this in high school and agree it’s disorienting at first but once you get used to it, superior and safer.

I’m still trying to convince my wife and she just won’t try it….
I adopted much later due to frustrations with blind spots.

My wife also will not adopt. Funny.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

You are 100% correct, and I've explained to so many people that you know the side of your vehicle is there; why do you need to see it in your mirror! In a nutshell, put your head against the drivers side window and lean over as far as possible (with your seatbelt on) towards the passenger window and THEN adjust the mirrors out to just see the side of your vehicle, and no more blind spot!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Properly adjusted mirrors are vitally important. The BLIND SPOT sensor covers only the area you can not see between a properly adjusted mirror and directly to your left (or right).... As the name says it covers the "Blind Spot".

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Properly adjusted mirrors are vitally important. The BLIND SPOT sensor covers only the area you can not see between a properly adjusted mirror and directly to your left (or right).... As the name says it covers the "Blind Spot".
There is no blind spot with "properly adjusted mirrors"; the reason there's a blind spot is that most people adjust their mirrors so they see the sides of their vehicle, which they already know are there, so they have improperly adjusted mirrors.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took a 500 mile trip and had time to pay more attention to the systems. My blind spot system is poor at best. I find that the drivers side system does not activate until the overtaking vehicle disappears from the side mirror. There is no warning when the car is 1 or 2 car lengths behind you. It seems to me this is where you need it to start. The flashing icon, on the drivers side, stays on even as the the vehicle in the other lane is almost past me. I can see it by then. The passenger side is different. After I pass someone, the icon stays on even as I am a car length or so past.
It almost got me wrecked as some yaboo came across far right to left at a high rate of speed (3 lanes) and ended right next to me without warning. It just so happened I was moving to the left as well. If I hadn't glanced to my left... It was an OS moment. Point is the system needs to inform sooner rather than later. Better to pretend you don't have BLIS.
I've noticed that the blind spot monitoring system compared to our 2015 gx460 is more of a "keep you from hitting someone" system where the lexus one is more a warning that you might be cutting someone off a bit
Sponsored