First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check with the finance manager at your dealership. Mine was quoting rates between 2 and 3% 2weeks ago
Worth doing when the time comes for sure. Just not gonna get my hopes up.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
We all have our challenges- it's the times and the economy. I have to ask and wonder- if you can't afford the payment- how can you afford the gas? I'm lucky enough to have equity to afford and waited the almost 2 years for my Basesquatch but gas was like 2.50 a gallon then. Now at 5.00 just to drive it to and from work is like $500 a month for me. I don't have a car payment but the gas payment is like or even worse than one. I have to get a second job just to drive it.......

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big Bend is the cheapest way to get the manual on a 4-dr.
I'll look into that build then when I have some time. Maybe when the 22-23 reorder comes I can switch without losing price protection.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re a good man. Stuff is just stuff. It can be replaced. It can be bought at a later date. Awesome to see you putting the family first. Enjoy that time. It disappears quickly.

Broncos cool but not life altering except for the money accessories cost lol. You will get yours. Just keep doing the family, it will work out.

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all have our challenges- it's the times and the economy. I have to ask and wonder- if you can't afford the payment- how can you afford the gas? I'm lucky enough to have equity to afford and waited the almost 2 years for my Basesquatch but gas was like 2.50 a gallon then. Now at 5.00 just to drive it to and from work is like $500 a month for me. I don't have a car payment but the gas payment is like or even worse than one. I have to get a second job just to drive it.......
Thats where the 15k comes it. That down allows us to afford our current state of living which were fine day to day currently. We're paying off my wife's car soon and just payed off a ton of debt which (once her car is paid off) leaves us with the ability to pay ~$550 a month for the rig and have basically a net gain of income of 0. Basically it'd balance out. Anything above that ~$550 would cause stress on our financial situation. Hope that makes sense. Not sure if that was as clear as I meant it.

Sponsored

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll look into that build then when I have some time. Maybe when the 22-23 reorder comes I can switch without losing price protection.

I would check with Ford. If you are an original reservation holder, I can't see why they would deny price protection. It's not your fault they're dropping the ball on deliveries.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well with interest rates rising and the cost of everything under the sun going up it's looking less and less likely that I'm getting my Badlands. When I initially ordered almost a year ago now interest rates were low enough that I could afford the month payment on it by putting ~$10,000 down. By December of this year I'd have that money. Don't really see myself getting a 2022 model and actually counted on that last year when I placed the order for the above reason.

Well, now, because of the ever rising interest rates in financing I'd need $15,000 down in order to afford the monthly payments without putting my family in a place where we have to penny pinch just to make it through each month so I can have my car. I'm just not willing to put my family through that and frankly I think it'd be irresponsible of me to do that as a father and a husband.

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.

Thanks for reading, maybe some time in the future they'll be easier to obtain and used ones will not be selling for higher than MSRP. See you all in 2030 if I'm lucky.
Interest rates have risen but not that much (yet), but you are correct everything has gone up and its going to get a lot worse (it's not my fault). That said definitely do not get an expensive car, any car, if its going to strap you. That is the mistake so many make (even in good economic times), then whine and complain about the system. Wait until you can afford it, or consider other options. I purchased about the cheapest Base Bronco you can get. I like it and paid cash, but seriously if I had to do it again I might considering something like a Hybrid Maverick, which would save $15K over my cheapest bronco you can get. Hang in there.

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are you checking interest rates at?
Have you checked any local credit unions?
My buddy just got approved at my credit union for 72 months at 3.99 and his credit is not perfect.
USAA. We also bank with a good credit union out here but the BL isn't even in production yet and from reports I've seen interest rates are set to be ~5% at the low end by the end of the year. USAA is saying 3.72% with auto pay discount currently already. Which is up ~1% from Feb. I check every few weeks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would check with Ford. If you are an original reservation holder, I can't see why they would deny price protection. It's not your fault they're dropping the ball on deliveries.
Checked their FAQ on their site and price protection for 22 to 23 gets dropped with any major changes don't recall all of them but yea. Not an original res holder just an early order. ~Aug 21.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe, but convincing my wife is the hard part. She's not big on risk taking. Me personally Id have no issue. But she's always worst case scenario.
Screenshot_2015-04-17-08-45-40-1.jpeg