First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just keep saving and hope it comes later rather than sooner and you'll have more money. Use the delay as an opportunity to save more.
That's been the plan. And tentatively still is just not gonna get my hopes up at this point.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Switch to a BaseSquatch and continue with your Bronco dreams.

C83B45A7-B97A-463F-B56E-1E90C548FB25.gif
I'm certain I'd get every bit as much enjoyment out of a basesquatch as I do my BL. This is indeed the way.

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear and you are not alone in your concerns. But like others said, stepping down to a lower trim level really doesn't loose any of the fun aspect of the Bronco. A Black Diamond SAS or a BASE SAS gives you all the fun. The rest of the higher trims are "nice to haves". I've seen plenty of videos of folks having a blast in their non-badlands Broncos and they don't seem to be too concerned they didn't get a sway-bar disconnect. Keep your spirits up and family always comes first.
Problem is you lose price protection if you change trims so a SAS BD ends up almost as much as the Nob SAS BL. :/

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
take delivery and flip it for a profit then put a new order in and wait it out with the extra cash
That's a pretty big risk to take, I'm not sure anyone out there other than myself would be interested in a manual 4dr BL

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just checked. My local credit union has 60 months at 2.49, and 72 months at 2.99. I bought my Bronco in March of this year and that was the rates then. I get slightly better then 2.49 because of auto , and bi monthly payment arrangement, plus an excellent credit history.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like since you were already on the edge of affording this vehicle, maybe it’s kind of a relief you’re not going to be cutting it so close?

For me, a vehicle isn’t worth being on the edge and living check-to-check over. I think you’re doing the right thing. Less stress in the end.

SethPoeski

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's any consolation, if you haven't received a VIN yet, I doubt you'll take delivery this year, so you may yet have more time to save. If the vehicle slides into next year (and I say this because I've got a similar build as yours, but with 2.7 auto), the likelihood of interest rates normalizing is higher. I'd say regardless, keep everything until your Bronco arrives to give you the best opportunity to attempt to work it out in your favor. If you can't take it, the dealer gets your allocation and you can protect yourself and your family. These things will be easier to get in a few years (hopefully lol) so you'll have more options when it's better suited to you and your family.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sucks, man but do you really NEED a Badlands? If you are buying a 4 door, the Big Bend is going to take you anywhere you need to go for like $10-$15k less depending on what you had optioned. If you are buying a 2 door, the base Bronco is IMO the best deal in the automotive industry right now. No doubt the Badlands is cool and all, but you will get through 90%+ of any terrain you want to try with the stock 4WD system... probably 95% with a rear locker on any Bronco trim. If you were planning on getting a Sasquatch, then just go the base squach route and you are basically not missing out on anything other than maybe some nicer seats and some technology crap that will be outdated in a few years anyways.

Vehicles are only gonna cost $15k more (if we are lucky) by the time 2030 comes around... prices don't ever go backwards lol

Sponsored

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP this is a situation I bet many people are falling into. I can imagine some situations where the overly extended wait time peoples wives may be getting pregnant etc.

Nothing can say here will make you feel better but you are doing the right thing. With the rising cost of fuel/heating cost (diesel=home oil)/interest rates/ economy as whole I dont think you are in a unique situation.

We all understand and share your obsession and sooner or later this craziness has to normalize and each and every person will be able simply go buy bronco like we used to be able normally buy cars.

Sorry you are going through this.

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base sas. Hell, I couldn’t even get sas for budgeting reasons, but I still love my bronco.

91F04B93-9DF0-45F8-B3AF-EDF6F1D6DC79.jpeg

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'd be surprised.
Maybe, but convincing my wife is the hard part. She's not big on risk taking. Me personally Id have no issue. But she's always worst case scenario.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bro- We feel you.

Thanks for looking out for your family. God 1, family 2 then everything else.

Well with interest rates rising and the cost of everything under the sun going up it's looking less and less likely that I'm getting my Badlands. When I initially ordered almost a year ago now interest rates were low enough that I could afford the month payment on it by putting ~$10,000 down. By December of this year I'd have that money. Don't really see myself getting a 2022 model and actually counted on that last year when I placed the order for the above reason.

Well, now, because of the ever rising interest rates in financing I'd need $15,000 down in order to afford the monthly payments without putting my family in a place where we have to penny pinch just to make it through each month so I can have my car. I'm just not willing to put my family through that and frankly I think it'd be irresponsible of me to do that as a father and a husband.

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.

Thanks for reading, maybe some time in the future they'll be easier to obtain and used ones will not be selling for higher than MSRP. See you all in 2030 if I'm lucky.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man this sucks. I ordered an XLT AWD Maverick as a backup since I did not think I was ever going to see my Bronco ( the prices were within $200 of each other). I got lucky that the Bronco showed up first. Otherwise I would be driving a Maverick and kicking myself every time I saw a Bronco. I too was worried about the interest rates and saved $9k for a DP. Timing these days is the worst. Good luck and I hope you finally get the Bronco you want.
Sponsored