Sponsored

Went a few places over the weekend (Including High Rock Bay)

I_Fly

Black Diamond
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond (2023) - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This weekend we visited the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to drop off a few things for my son at MTU. We took my Black Diamond Bronco and managed to visit a few places.

We typically make the trip to sight see whenever we are so close to Copper Harbor. Until recently we never had a vehicle that enabled us to enjoy some places that are off the main road. We knew timing would be tight so there was not much of a plan. Years ago, I regularly visited offroad places on two wheels so I was unsure how a trip to High Rock Bay would go in the Bronco. Online information is all over the place. I think a lot depends on seasonal trail conditions.

The first part of the trail is a logging road. It splits off to a few smaller logging roads and trails with different destinations. The motorcyclist that gave me a quick rundown or trails was right on. Most of the trip was gravel and dirt roads. The last 1/3 was a bit narrower and rougher with a water crossing and numerous “puddles” of various size and depth. The water crossing had me nervous but was easy in the Bronco. The “puddles” were mostly shallow with rock not mud bottoms. Easy for the Bronco. A great way to get my feet wet (pun intended) with off-roading it.

In addition to High Rock Bay we took a spur toward Horse Shoe Bay. A short 1-mile drive with a short hike to the water at the end. The trail continues from there but is significantly narrower.

We also stopped at some typical roadside locations such as Astors Shipwreck Park and Breakers (not sure if that is the proper name).

Having driven from the far side of Michigan’s lower Peninsula I almost tripled the number of miles on my Bronco (about 2k now) and really enjoyed the trip. Looking forward to more.

PXL_20230827_202245504_retoched.jpg

PXL_20230827_185813954.jpg

PXL_20230827_210310130.jpg

PXL_20230827_202321528.jpg
Sponsored