Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife and I recently took our summer road trip in the Bronco and had a blast. We spent 2 weeks going through 13 states and covered 4,190 miles. We left Southern California and spent a couple days at Lake Mohave with friends over 4th of July, then continued on through AZ, NM, TX, OK, KS and into Missouri where we spent a few days with family. Then it was up through Iowa, across Nebraska to Wyoming for a few days in the Cody and Yellowstone NP area. Then back home through Montana, Idaho and Nevada to California.

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip IMG_5515X

We camped out of the Bronco a few times, stayed with friends or family a few times, and stayed in a couple of motels. Biggest expense was gas but it was much cheaper the further you get from California.

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip IMG_5671X

The Bronco once again performed flawlessly. We've taken several long road trips in it and find it comfortable and adaptable to whatever we're doing. For reference its a '21 Base 2-Door non-Squatch, 2.3L/7-speed MT. Its on ICON EXP shocks and Nitto 35's. We pulled the rear seats out for this trip to make room for more gear. Our camping setup was just a $45 ground tent, air mattress and sleeping bags.

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip DTS_4797X

Here are a few more of our pics from the trip. Sorry no wheeling pics, we pretty much stuck to roads and highways on this one :) And I'll spare you guys all the non-Bronco pics from the trip LOL.

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip DTS_5026X

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip IMG_5531X

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip DTS_5089X

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip DTS_5091X

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip IMG_5510X

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip IMG_5693

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip DTS_4806X

Ford Bronco A Few Pics From Our 4,000-Mile Summer Road Trip IMG_5713

Thanks for checking them out :)
Sponsored

EffenNewGuy

Black Diamond
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Silverado LS, '14 Subaru Impreza Sport Ltd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great pics and recap Dusty! Makes me miss road tripping out to Iowa to visit my mom! ☺

Sponsored

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's awesome Dusty! Chantel is really looking good. She has certainly come a long way!
We're actually heading out next week for our own 4k run, making our way to NWBR, then off to CO for Super Cel W.
Hope to see you at Bronco Daze "Casual".
¡Salud!
Randy

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool!

We did something similar in our 4 door Badlands.

We started in North Hollywood by Universal Studios at 4am and were in Barstow by sunrise. We hopped on I-40 east and headed towards Needles, CA.

Our first pitstop was in Kingman, AZ to put gas and stretch and grab some snacks from the back and promptly hit to road to our first official stop in Williams, AZ. Walked around and did some shopping for a few hours. Hit the road and drove to Albuquerque, AZ with some sight seeing and some off highway exploration along the way. When we arrived, we had dinner and enjoyed the hotels pool.

Next morning hit the road off the main highway and landed in Roswell, NM. Definitely a fun town to explore all the alien stuff. I am not saying there for sure are aliens out there but they had some pretty compelling stuff in the alien museums. After a few hours and lunch, hit the road and took all the small highways through TX headed to San Antonio which was our final destination.

After a week there, met the SA Bronco boys (and girls) and had dinner with them. Had lots of fun meeting new people.

Ended our trip taking the 10 fwy from San Antonio straight through Los Angeles.

3,204.3 total miles
55:59:49 total road time
16.3 MPG

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dam Dude! I love the stripes on your vehicle. Makes me wish I got Race Red to match my 350. Great photos, thanks for sharing.

IMG_7245.jpeg

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome adventure! Thank you for sharing!

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wife and I recently took our summer road trip in the Bronco and had a blast. We spent 2 weeks going through 13 states and covered 4,190 miles. We left Southern California and spent a couple days at Lake Mohave with friends over 4th of July, then continued on through AZ, NM, TX, OK, KS and into Missouri where we spent a few days with family. Then it was up through Iowa, across Nebraska to Wyoming for a few days in the Cody and Yellowstone NP area. Then back home through Montana, Idaho and Nevada to California.

IMG_5515X.jpg

We camped out of the Bronco a few times, stayed with friends or family a few times, and stayed in a couple of motels. Biggest expense was gas but it was much cheaper the further you get from California.

IMG_5671X.jpg

The Bronco once again performed flawlessly. We've taken several long road trips in it and find it comfortable and adaptable to whatever we're doing. For reference its a '21 Base 2-Door non-Squatch, 2.3L/7-speed MT. Its on ICON EXP shocks and Nitto 35's. We pulled the rear seats out for this trip to make room for more gear. Our camping setup was just a $45 ground tent, air mattress and sleeping bags.

DTS_4797X.jpg

Here are a few more of our pics from the trip. Sorry no wheeling pics, we pretty much stuck to roads and highways on this one :) And I'll spare you guys all the non-Bronco pics from the trip LOL.

DTS_5026X.jpg

IMG_5531X.jpg

DTS_5089X.jpg

DTS_5091X.jpg

IMG_5510X.jpg

IMG_5693.jpg

DTS_4806X.jpg

IMG_5713.jpg

Thanks for checking them out :)
OK, first, that looks amazing! Thanks for sharing! Two, I didn’t think you could take the rear seats out of the 2 door bronco? Please tell me how you did this lol. Single woman here! 🤣 I would love to take the backseats out of my bronco and three, is your bronco name Chanel? Like the couture line?! 🙏😍

Last edited:

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great pics we just did our 3rd run coast to coast sf to fl with a big dog. Taking the back seat out was the key to the operation.
Or route was hwy 10 not as pretty as 40 or others but that dang heat was nipping at our heels right before July 4 th.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You guys in that base model are the heroes we need in a vehicle equipment arms race that's gotten out of control. And those shelbyesque stripes look great!
Thanks! As I always say, the 2-door Stripper Base model is "twice the fun at half the price" :)

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's awesome Dusty! Chantel is really looking good. She has certainly come a long way!
We're actually heading out next week for our own 4k run, making our way to NWBR, then off to CO for Super Cel W.
Hope to see you at Bronco Daze "Casual".
¡Salud!
Randy
Sounds like a great trip Randy! We've done the Colorado Super Cel for the last two years so this year we're swapping it for the new Carson City one :)

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very cool!

We did something similar in our 4 door Badlands.

We started in North Hollywood by Universal Studios at 4am and were in Barstow by sunrise. We hopped on I-40 east and headed towards Needles, CA.

Our first pitstop was in Kingman, AZ to put gas and stretch and grab some snacks from the back and promptly hit to road to our first official stop in Williams, AZ. Walked around and did some shopping for a few hours. Hit the road and drove to Albuquerque, AZ with some sight seeing and some off highway exploration along the way. When we arrived, we had dinner and enjoyed the hotels pool.

Next morning hit the road off the main highway and landed in Roswell, NM. Definitely a fun town to explore all the alien stuff. I am not saying there for sure are aliens out there but they had some pretty compelling stuff in the alien museums. After a few hours and lunch, hit the road and took all the small highways through TX headed to San Antonio which was our final destination.

After a week there, met the SA Bronco boys (and girls) and had dinner with them. Had lots of fun meeting new people.

Ended our trip taking the 10 fwy from San Antonio straight through Los Angeles.

3,204.3 total miles
55:59:49 total road time
16.3 MPG
That sounds like a fun trip too!
Sponsored