Sponsored

Wet Okole neoprene waterproof seat covers, "totally stoked"!

jasony2069

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last week the team at Wet Okole in Costa Mesa CA installed seat covers, all I can say is "totally stoked". Thought I would share, if you are looking for seat covers I would recommend giving them a look. I can still feel the seat warmers, it does take a little longer but distributes the heat nicely. Comfortable, I think more comfortable than the stock Black Dimond MGV seat alone. It will also give good protection for a long summer with no doors and top. Plus they have the wife's approval, that is a bonus.

Rolled the dice and went with Ocean Camo and it turned out way better than I thought it would!

Ford Bronco Wet Okole neoprene waterproof seat covers, "totally stoked"! Font1.JPG

Ford Bronco Wet Okole neoprene waterproof seat covers, "totally stoked"! Back2.JPG
Sponsored

Jdm89

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ive had a tough time deciding between these and the cover kings in kryptek typhon. The cover kings arent available for a 2 door yet. The only bad ive heard about the neoprene is that they can get pretty hot in the summer and with the humidity here in the south you wind up with swamp ass

OP
OP
jasony2069

jasony2069

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ive had a tough time deciding between these and the cover kings in kryptek typhon. The cover kings arent available for a 2 door yet. The only bad ive heard about the neoprene is that they can get pretty hot in the summer and with the humidity here in the south you wind up with swamp ass
A few days ago I sat in traffic and the seat did get warm, but nothing crazy was still comfortable. The X factor is the humidity, can’t talk to that. It’s getting hot so I will post again in a few weeks and let you know.

Last edited:

Moyer22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last week the team at Wet Okole in Costa Mesa CA installed seat covers, all I can say is "totally stoked". Thought I would share, if you are looking for seat covers I would recommend giving them a look. I can still feel the seat warmers, it does take a little longer but distributes the heat nicely. Comfortable, I think more comfortable than the stock Black Dimond MGV seat alone. It will also give good protection for a long summer with no doors and top. Plus they have the wife's approval, that is a bonus.

Rolled the dice and went with Ocean Camo and it turned out way better than I thought it would!

Ford Bronco Wet Okole neoprene waterproof seat covers, "totally stoked"! Back2.JPG

Do they have flaps that allow the side airbags to deploy? And how do they go on the back with the molle? Those are the 2 issues I'm running into in my search for covers for my black diamond. Thanks!

OP
OP
jasony2069

jasony2069

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do they have flaps that allow the side airbags to deploy? And how do they go on the back with the molle? Those are the 2 issues I'm running into in my search for covers for my black diamond. Thanks!
I may be wrong but the side airbags are in the roof pillar. No slot for the airbags, I’ll have to do some research don’t think the seats have them. But don’t take my word for it. As far as the molly panel I debated this myself. Am I really going to use them and what would I be losing if I covered them? In the end I covered them and also chose not to put a pocket, that is an option. No on the molly panel because I’ll be running with no top and most of the summer with no doors, so wouldn’t want anything valuable attached to the back of the seats.

Sponsored

Moyer22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I may be wrong but the side airbags are in the roof pillar. No slot for the airbags, I’ll have to do some research don’t think the seats have them. But don’t take my word for it. As far as the molly panel I debated this myself. Am I really going to use them and what would I be losing if I covered them? In the end I covered them and also chose not to put a pocket, that is an option. No on the molly panel because I’ll be running with no top and most of the summer with no doors, so wouldn’t want anything valuable attached to the back of the seats.
The sides of the MGV seats have airbags, not sure about the cloth or leather seats though. I agree about the molle- it's cool but I won't really use it and I'd rather just cover the whole seat. I ordered some covers from Coverking specifically for the seats with molle and they left it open with velcro strips to secure the cover. The seat is plastic so there is nothing to velcro to lol so I ended up sending those ones back.

OP
OP
jasony2069

jasony2069

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The sides of the MGV seats have airbags, not sure about the cloth or leather seats though. I agree about the molle- it's cool but I won't really use it and I'd rather just cover the whole seat. I ordered some covers from Coverking specifically for the seats with molle and they left it open with velcro strips to secure the cover. The seat is plastic so there is nothing to velcro to lol so I ended up sending those ones back.
Ok, thanks for the info, I took a look, here are 2 photos. There is an opening for the airbags.
Ford Bronco Wet Okole neoprene waterproof seat covers, "totally stoked"! image_67181313.JPG
Ford Bronco Wet Okole neoprene waterproof seat covers, "totally stoked"! image_67167745.JPG
Sponsored