Sponsored

What accessories can wait for aftermarket?

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I'm building out a 4 dr. BaseSquatch and i have it narrowed down to what I know I want in terms of needs.

Hardtop
Mod/Capable bumper
rock rails
Bimini top
Air compressor

In the opinion of those more experienced with building out orv's and overlanders what are some things I definitely should wait for the aftermarket? I wanted to save the lighting for aftermarket and see what Kc and Bajadesigns come up with. The aux switches were always a must have. Just curious if there is anything else in the B&P do far that is necessary. I've gkt a little time before I do any real offroading because i have to get a new jack, traction boards, etc.
Thanks guys!
Sponsored

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I'm building out a 4 dr. BaseSquatch and i have it narrowed down to what I know I want in terms of needs.

Hardtop
Mod/Capable bumper
rock rails
Bimini top
Air compressor

In the opinion of those more experienced with building out orv's and overlanders what are some things I definitely should wait for the aftermarket? I wanted to save the lighting for aftermarket and see what Kc and Bajadesigns come up with. The aux switches were always a must have. Just curious if there is anything else in the B&P do far that is necessary. I've gkt a little time before I do any real offroading because i have to get a new jack, traction boards, etc.
Thanks guys!
It is hard because I want almost everything and You can have it with the chick of a Ford mouse. But my thoughts are you can get everything in the after market including the floor mats. The choice and prices will be much better and you can enjoy the journey of thinking your way though it over time. I am only getting big things like the 2.7 and not the tow package.

OP
OP
Tarjea

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is hard because I want almost everything and You can have it with the chick of a Ford mouse. But my thoughts are you can get everything in the after market including the floor mats. The choice and prices will be much better and you can enjoy the journey of thinking your way though it over time. I am only getting big things like the 2.7 and not the tow package.
Pretty much the best part of the Base.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tube doors. Just checked on Smittybilt, they offer Jeep styles for $400. Yeah, I'm waiting for them instead of the factory jobbers.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

well the air compressor is $283 at levittownfordparts.com. They already have some stuff for the bronco sport. Its convenient to have everything in the truck upon delivery but if I can save few hundred I may wait

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tarjea

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tube doors. Just checked on Smittybilt, they offer Jeep styles for $400. Yeah, I'm waiting for them instead of the factory jobbers.
I actually like them, but they're definitely not hitting my wallet for a while. At leart I'll have time to see what the aftermarket does.

OP
OP
Tarjea

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

well the air compressor is $283 at levittownfordparts.com. They already have some stuff for the bronco sport. Its convenient to have everything in the truck upon delivery but if I can save few hundred I may wait
Oh yeah. I've found others i might get instead. Any other suggestions? I'm all ears.

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was going trigger happy on the B&P for the first few days but now that I've matured, I'm thinking to go pretty minimalist on the accessories.

For example, the tube doors - do I even want them? How will I feel riding in this thing with no doors? And will there be aftermarket tubes that are cheaper and look more interesting?

On Road emergency kit - it's nice to have it fresh and ready in the car, but I have a pair of cables already, and the rest of it can be found for cheaper

Racks/Carriers - I'd like to hold off on buying until I need it. I would also like to look for used or cheaper options, and see what other solutions people come up with. I also surf, but I think it's kind of silly to pay that a paddleboard mount. . . just put the board in its bag and strap it to the roof. Hell, I've been using bungee cords to secure my surf board to a moped out here in Sri Lanka.

Winch - I think $2500 is a bit expensive. I can find one cheaper if I decide I need it.

$700 Ice chest - fuck off

Floor mats - I can find some random mats way cheaper, and I don't think there will be any confusion as to what kind of vehicle my passengers are in if the mats don't say BRONCO

splash guards - $220 is hiiiigh, I could get front and rear aftermarket guards for less

I will be picking up the sound deadening headliner, roof rails, maybe a tube step, the PPF, and the soft top(maybe)

OP
OP
Tarjea

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was going trigger happy on the B&P for the first few days but now that I've matured, I'm thinking to go pretty minimalist on the accessories.

For example, the tube doors - do I even want them? How will I feel riding in this thing with no doors? And will there be aftermarket tubes that are cheaper and look more interesting?

On Road emergency kit - it's nice to have it fresh and ready in the car, but I have a pair of cables already, and the rest of it can be found for cheaper

Racks/Carriers - I'd like to hold off on buying until I need it. I would also like to look for used or cheaper options, and see what other solutions people come up with. I also surf, but I think it's kind of silly to pay that a paddleboard mount. . . just put the board in its bag and strap it to the roof. Hell, I've been using bungee cords to secure my surf board to a moped out here in Sri Lanka.

Winch - I think $2500 is a bit expensive. I can find one cheaper if I decide I need it.

$700 Ice chest - fuck off

Floor mats - I can find some random mats way cheaper, and I don't think there will be any confusion as to what kind of vehicle my passengers are in if the mats don't say BRONCO

splash guards - $220 is hiiiigh, I could get front and rear aftermarket guards for less

I will be picking up the sound deadening headliner, roof rails, maybe a tube step, the PPF, and the soft top(maybe)
The winch price is high, but on another thread someone said it includes something. I can't remember.

Dometic sells one for 8 that is way bigger and does more. A lot of overlanders use the Brand.

You can definitely grab cheaper one, but i want to know what kind they are and the materials. Yhe higher quality For ones are nice. Used to work in an autoparts warehouse and they were thick and solid.

I think waiting for the aftermarket is best on the rock and roof rails.
Sponsored